Why is all star Music more expensive than Movies?

redheadx3

DIS Veteran
So I already have Movies preferred booked in Jan. So since Music & Sports are now accepting reservation I took a look. Movies for the week was $960 & Music or Sports was $1013.
Why the $50 difference?

Demand and popularity. I think Movies has often been slightly more expensive.

I am staying at all star movies this weekend. I noticed its a bit more than the last time I stayed there (which was in 2015). Apparently , they renovated the rooms and on July 12th they are going to close the lobby to start remodeling.

It is because of demand. As the property fills up, prices increase. If you booked Movies a while ago, it was cheaper than booking the same resort today.

I've stayed at both and preferred Music's theming, Movies is a bit weird with some now very out of date themes (Mighty Ducks, Fantasia 2000 etc), it's also further away when they do their bus sharing (so longer to travel) so I'm not sure why Movies carries a premium.

This is from way back and I haven't Googled to verify, but wasn't there something about the two being in different counties and there was a tax difference? At one point many moons ago that was true and made a bit of a difference each night but my memory is hazy and I can't recall the details! Maybe somebody else does....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter