Why is Boardwalk 2 BR Villa the cheapest option?

MSC

Mouseketeer
I was looking at renting points on a popular rental website, and by the looks of their price grid, the Boardwalk 2 bedroom villas are the cheapest option (of 2 br villas) by several hundred dollars. Curious why that is. Is there some reason they are less desirable than other resorts? (Sorry if it’s a dumb question. I’m new at this villa rental thing.)

EDIT: I’m specifically comparing it to other park adjacent resorts like Beach Club and Bay Lake).

Last edited:
The points chart at BWV is overall lower than the other resorts you mention, so someone renting points would need to give you less points - especially if it is standard view at Boardwalk.

Boardwalk was the second WDW resort, and so it has a nice points chart, before Disney raised the cost per point. It measures very nicely compared to Old Key West, which is not park adjacent.

I’m guessing you might be looking at Standard View at Boardwalk. That is an extremely limited category and I’m guessing you wouldn’t ever be able to rent that. You need to consider Pool/Garden view at Boardwalk to Beach Club which should be more similar. For Bay Lake you are unlikely to get Standard there for renting, I would be looking only at Lake View there.

Yes, I am looking at Standard view. Thanks for the info. I was only looking at the price comparison. And never got far enough to see if there was/is availabilty. What you all are saying makes sense.

I was looking at renting points on a popular rental website, and by the looks of their price grid, the Boardwalk 2 bedroom villas are the cheapest option (of 2 br villas) by several hundred dollars. Curious why that is. Is there some reason they are less desirable than other resorts? (Sorry if it’s a dumb question. I’m new at this villa rental thing.)

EDIT: I’m specifically comparing it to other park adjacent resorts like Beach Club and Bay Lake).
I stayed in a 2 bedroom this past June and it came with a chocolate fudge fountain.................

It is common for people to look at rental websites and see BWV Standard and AKV Vallue pricing and think "Wow!"

The odds on being able to book either are absolutely dismal, however.
You are correct! No availability! Worth a shot, I guess. Reverted to my old standby, the Swan.

Thanks for your input, all!

Yes, I am looking at Standard view. Thanks for the info. I was only looking at the price comparison. And never got far enough to see if there was/is availabilty. What you all are saying makes sense.
BWV was the second WDW resort created (opened in 1996) and for standard view, DVC adopted a point chart that made those rooms close to the same point requirements as OKW. Members can book a reservation at the resort they own starting online at 8 a.m. eastern, 11-months out from date of arrival. The BWV standard view studios (and thus also the 2BRs since all are lock-offs) fill within nanoseconds after 8 a.m. at 11-months out for every start date of the year (except that they sometimes fill even before 11-months out by those who are extremely lucky to get a start date shortly before the one you want and book multiple nights). Most BWV owners lose that reservation battle. Standard 1BRs also have that 11-month issue at times but not year round.

Members who do rentals will generally not agree to do BWV standard view unless the member already has a confirmed standard view reservation that the member is trying to rent. Those can often be found on the rental sites.

Last edited:
I have booked 2BR the last few years at BWV and the standard and boardwalk view go instantly at 8am. I can click on it right as my computer goes to 8am and I’ll get the that room is no longer available. I have also noticed it appears more people are walking reservations than before. It also does not help that BWV does not have any dedicated 2BR, so when a studio is taken, so is a 2BR. The standard studio is the first to go at BWV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter