Why is DCL still showing Grand Cayman for cruises in Jan-Mar 2022?

Not sure if this means anything, but on the official Cayman Port website, the Disney Fantasy is not showing calling to GC before May 10. The Disney Magic is showing as "missed call" for January, but both the Magic and Wonder are showing as calling at the port from February onward

Our Fantasy Jan 2-8 cruise we just got off of was supposed to go to grand cayman and 5 days before we set sail it switched the Nassau

This was what I found on the Gov't of Cayman Island's website yesterday. I was checking for the WBPC 2022 sailing in March. As has been stated repeatedly, DCL probably is hoping things will open up, but they've already sent a credit for Port Fee's for the guests on the WBPC 2022 this week. It wasn't designated which port it was for but most of us are guessing GC. 637104

This was what I found on the Gov't of Cayman Island's website yesterday. I was checking for the WBPC 2022 sailing in March. As has been stated repeatedly, DCL probably is hoping things will open up, but they've already sent a credit for Port Fee's for the guests on the WBPC 2022 this week. It wasn't designated which port it was for but most of us are guessing GC. View attachment 637104

Interesting. I got that email about the port fees.
IF GC has been removed, the guess is they're aiming for a sea day instead of another port, right?
They wouldn't have refunded those fees if they had a replacement port in mind.
I love sea days but the WBPC has so many of them as it is, I'd have preferred a different POC instead.
And my guess is Cartagena is also on the chopping block, so another sea day. Only 3 stops on a 14 day sailing. wow.
Oh well...will be very happy to just be on the ship.

And my guess is Cartagena is also on the chopping block, so another sea day. Only 3 stops on a 14 day sailing.
If Cartagena is the distant foreign port for the cruise to meet PVSA guidelines, then you'd have to stop there. My Celebrity cruise stopped there last month; why would you think DCL wouldn't be able to?

If Cartagena is the distant foreign port for the cruise to meet PVSA guidelines, then you'd have to stop there. My Celebrity cruise stopped there last month; why would you think DCL wouldn't be able to?

Tell that to RC last week when they were denied access to the port.

Clearly it is a ship-by-ship decision. The Celebrity ship was allowed to port 12/27-28 (overnight stop). And we didn't need it for the PVSA, which is still an issue.

If they were denied on no notice they can apply to be exempt from the fine. Same thing happens for hurricanes and similar acts of God.

We also have to consider that there are contracts in place for the ports. Disney most likely has a contract with them. Yes, GC didn't allow ships in 2021 but until they say no ships Disney can't adjust their plans. Disney doesn't want to risk penalties on cancelling the port. If GC cancels cruises coming in Disney doesn't have to pay. If Disney cancels they have to pay GC. I have been dealing with this since Covid. I can't cancel things until the venue /government cancels or I have to pay cancellation fees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter