Why is Frozen so problematic?

Not 100% certain, but I seem to recall hearing that the boat redesign was a factor in addition to the animatronics. The Maelstrom boats got a makeover for FEA, but they used the existing track. I know last time we rode I thought the boats had difficulty maneuvering smoothly along the track, our particular ride was a little rough. I understand there has been some improvement, and it's not down as frequently. I just think FEA will always be one of those unpredictable attractions.

What happens if you have a FP+ for a ride and it goes down?

We showed up for a 7DMT FP+ and it was shut down. The CM told us as long as we did not schedule another FP+ and use it during our 7D time frame, we could return to the FP+ line any time and ride. It worked fine....just put a damper to the start of the day since it was our first FP+!!!! 7DMT seems to be down a lot too! FEA was good when we where there.

Not 100% certain, but I seem to recall hearing that the boat redesign was a factor in addition to the animatronics. The Maelstrom boats got a makeover for FEA, but they used the existing track. I know last time we rode I thought the boats had difficulty maneuvering smoothly along the track, our particular ride was a little rough. I understand there has been some improvement, and it's not down as frequently. I just think FEA will always be one of those unpredictable attractions.

The boats are exactly the same. None of the actual ride mechanics changed and from my understanding they didn't even replace the pumps and engine in for the ride. I couldn't begin to tell you how many time I would walk by the water well and see the pumps overflowing backstage. You could tell when a boat hit the drop based on the swell of water out of it!

A lot of it has to do with the mechanics of the ride. As someone said earlier Malestrom was not that reliable to begin with. When it was Malestrom people didn't really care enough to keep track. Now with Frozen they kept the same boats and same unreliable ride system and then added very complex animitronics to the mix. Add the sheer number of guests cycling through it on a day and you have the perfect recipe for some sort of downage daily. With that said it usually comes back up so unless you desperately want to pull another fast pass you can just hold on to your Frozen one and use it when it comes back online.

We showed up for a 7DMT FP+ and it was shut down. The CM told us as long as we did not schedule another FP+ and use it during our 7D time frame, we could return to the FP+ line any time and ride. It worked fine....just put a damper to the start of the day since it was our first FP+!!!! 7DMT seems to be down a lot too! FEA was good when we where there.

Yeah but what if it was down during the whole time frame? Do you just lose that FP+ or do they then extend it to past the time frame?

Yeah but what if it was down during the whole time frame? Do you just lose that FP+ or do they then extend it to past the time frame?

Do you mean like down the rest of tge day? If that happens then you have to talk to GR vut usually the FP just disappears. If it is just down at qny point during your return time it become valid the rest of that day for 1 use at the listed attractions so if you use it at Soarin you can't go to FEA later.

We were there January 24th, had a FP, & only had to wait 5-10 minutes. It was great, no problems.

Why does FEA breakdown so much? They bedazzled and painted an almost 30 year old ride that wasn't known for its reliability and called it something new, but it is still an almost 30 year old ride. It breaks down a lot because mechanical parts wear out, especially ones with heavy duty wear. Also, people have gotten heavier in the last 30 years, which puts more stress on thr ride mechanics.

Oh, and like PP said, the trolls have cursed it.

It was down twice over the span of a few hours when we were there, including the time our FP+ was scheduled. When the app indicated it was back up and running, we rushed back only to find the ride down again. We finally made it on later in the day, so if this happens to you, keep checking the app. We did a lot of walking that day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter