Why is Le Cellier so disliked on here?

We liked it when we went with no DDP, but I wouldn't use 2 credits on it. My husband loveddd it, but I think it was the beer which you can get at the beer cart now. I don't remember what I got, but I know I was happy with it. I definitely remember that our server was wonderful! I didn't feel like it was cramped, but it was lunch and not terribly busy.

WE had dinner there one time and that was enough. I realize that at the time I booked it, it was one of the more difficult ADR's to get. After our meal I could not figure out why. IT was okay. Just okay. I liked my duck comfit, but from that meal, that is all I can remember. The service was not good at all. We have never gone back.

Actually I think the opposite.
Le Cellier for many years was so overhyped. You couldn't get an adr and according to folks here it was the best steak they had ever had in their life, which sorry always makes me wonder where they live. I went three years straight and I kept wondering if some thing was wrong with me because everyone here kept saying how wonderful it was.

I think Le Cellier is "ok" and simply don't like being charge outrageous prices for mediocre food. I look at it this way, whenever people start raving about the soup at a steak house I think you have a problem.
Soup and bread should not be the thing I remember at a steakhouse.
@eliza61 :lmao: best post ever! :rotfl2:

Well, I have reservations for the 3rd week of September and will be my first time attending this restaurant. Being a steak fan I've eaten at many of the top steak houses in America, David Burkes, Peter Lugers, Bennys Chop House etc.. The one thing I have discovered is atmosphere is the key! And crazy as it is, the best steak I've had in 25 years was my local Texas RoadHouse. Looking forward very much for the atmosphere of this restaurant.

It's not worth 2 credits for one. I can get a similar meal for the same price and only use one credit. I think the 2 credits came around because of the rave reviews when this establishement first opened. For years the service and food was fantastic. I know, I ate there and loved it. It got quite a following and by word of mouth, everyone wanted to eat there. I ate there two years ago and was so dissapointed in the service and food I informed the waiter that he wasn't getting a tip and why and then I asked for the manager to complain about the food. All he said was :"We are busy". That is never an excuse for me. My son, who travels down every year as well reported the same findings to me this year. Said it is the last time they will ever go there.

I'm not sure LeCellier is really disliked on here (Although I just posted a negative thread about it.) I think it has to do with the history of the restaurant.

LeCellier was really good pre-dining plan. That was the last time I was there. Then when the dining plan started, lots of people went there because you could get a steak and it was only one table service credit. But then it made it really difficult to get an ADR after that. So some people were really happy (those that could get the ADR) and those who were mad because they couldn't. Then they switched it so that LeCellier became a signature restaurant and require 2 Table Service credits. Not such a good deal on the dining plan anymore.

But they had to ramp up the menu to make it more worthy of the signature status. Then they made the lunch and dinner menu the same. I think the cost for dinner is not out of line of a higher end steakhouse (although a little too high, in my opinion). But to have the lunch costs be what they are is crazy, in my opinion. They should have something that is reasonable on the menu for lunch.

Maggie

We used to eat there every trip but then Free Dining happened and they took some of my favorites off the menu and cut portions. Then it went to 2 TS and they jacked up the prices. Then instead of filet with mushroom risotto they changed it to a "seasonal" risotto which I didn't notice until I took a bite. The "bowl" of cheese soup really used to be a bowl! We'd always gotten the college program waitstaff and enjoyed talking to them but the waitstaff at Yachtsman or any other half way decent steakhouse are normally professionals.

With LeCellier, an uneducated tourist is its best customer which explains the Trip Adviser reviews.

I've eaten at many of the top steak houses in America, David Burkes, Peter Lugers, Bennys Chop House etc.. The one thing I have discovered is atmosphere is the key!
Le Cellier is not in the same league with those places, it might be closer to Texas Roadhouse with smaller portions & higher prices. The atmosphere is ok but the tables are close together. Which makes it nice if you like sharing your food with people you don't know. ;)

Le Cellier is not in the same league with those places, it might be closer to Texas Roadhouse with smaller portions & higher prices. The atmosphere is ok but the tables are close together. Which makes it nice if you like sharing your food with people you don't know. ;)
I could literally put my arm around the person at the next table if i wanted to. :teeth: So yes, for those that are very affectionate with strangers they've never met, this is the place for you!

Zombie thread NICE!!!
If the information is useful, why not? The zombie threads that annoy me are the ones that provide no useful info whatsoever. Such as discussing which tampon brand is best (community boards). Lol.

We went twice when it was 1TS, and my husband really liked it. I had a perfectly good meal, so I have no problem using the credits, even though it has gone to 2TS for him to go back on this, his last trip. personally, I don't feel like it compares to other 2TS restaurants, but, we are doing Tiffins, Cali Grill, and Monsieur Paul too, but, LC is his absolute top pick, so, why not?

I find it hard to compare WDW restaurants to out of the bubble restaurants. Partly because, my experience is non-USA restaurants and food prep, so, my normal is totally different anyway. We are super lucky, in that this place..http://coastsaundersfoot.co.uk is walking distance from my home, and it is better than ANYWHERE else we have eaten. But we are not judging WDW against this

I know this is zombie,

but we don't go here anymore. The food is too rich for me. Last time we were there, we were seated right outside the restroom, it was so busy and we were hungry so we just sat there. I had to send my steak back because I asked for it medium and it was raw in the middle. The risotto was just too rich and heavy. For the price, none of us were impressed. It was just "okay." I don't mind an "okay" meal once in a while, but not for those prices. I would rather go to the boathouse for that money.

I must be more oblivious than most because the complaints about it being cramped/crowded leave me a bit puzzled. Is it a pretty full restaurant? Yes, I suppose. But I've never seen that as an issue.

We've dined here several times and always had a really good meal and mostly really good service. I think the main issue people seem to have is that they don't think it's worth 2 credits. Since we don't use the dining plan that's a non-issue for us. I also don't order the steaks, which seem to be another bone of contention for guests. They seem to have a bad rap for the quality of their steaks compared to other WDW restaurants. We have enjoyed it and will likely return again.

Food quality - Well Longhorn steakhouse does a better steak and I had never had crunchy risotto before!
Service - Pathetically bad - One time they just ignored us the entire meal (Hint, you make more money if you come by and see if the guest wants more wine and at a "signature" my water glass should not be dry) the other time all that was missing is a cattle prod. Throw soup and poor quality steak on table at the same time and then 5 minutes later drop off bill while saying "you didn't want desert did you".
Atmosphere- You can sit on top of your neighbors and share elbow space.

The only thing "signature" is the pricing.

Biggest Ripoff at Disney!!!!!!!

And sadly I gave it more than one try!

RUN!!!!

Last edited:
I am a fan of Le Cellier. I don't use the meal plan so that did not change anything in my mind. I have also thought it was one of the best meals I have had at Epcot.

I will say I had an absolutely horrible meal at Narcoossees and it is very well liked on the board. In fact it was my second bad meal there, the first about a decade ago and after being unimpressed didn't go back. My son's filet was charred on the outside and PURPLE and freezing on the inside (ordered medium). Sent it back and they charred the hell out of it some more and the edges were medium rare enough for him to eat but the center still rare. No one ever checked up on us. My lobster was translucent, not opaque (not done enough). I won't be going back for a while but I respect that my experience there is not typical. I also don't care that much for the atmosphere, being a 2-top I always end up with my back to the aisle and I hate the feeling of waiters constantly passing behind me with loaded trays.

I haven't gone to Le Cellier in a bunch of years either but it used to be a favorite. I have it booked for my next trip. EVERYTHING at Disney is overpriced for what it is. Even the signatures. I live in a very high cost of living playground of the rich tourist area and the prices are not as bad as they are at Disney. Even the places the Obamas frequent do not cost what things cost at Disney. I pretty much don't worry about price when I'm there as nothing is worth what you are paying for it except that it's at Disney.

I have it booked for our next trip in February after some planning friends I met on this board and still keep in touch with sheepishly admitted they really enjoyed their recent meals there even though it's a favorite on the boards to trash. I will have the mushroom filet, and share it with my son, who also loves filet and get some kind of mac and cheese for him (any opinions on the side vs. kids meal? they are about the same price). We'll share a dessert. Chances are good it will be nice but of course it's possible it could be awful. We ate 2 TS a day on our last trip for 8 days and of all of those meals the only bad one was Narcoossees. We are going on a cruise this time so only have half the days and meals, our chances of having a bad one are going down :) One thing I've learned is that the only consistent thing about WDW restaurants is their inconsistency. We ate at coral reef last time, another old favorite of mine that it had been years since I went there and another restaurant that people here love to trash and it was one of our best meals. Delicious, great atmosphere, great server. So I'm keeping an open mind and my expectations in check :)

LeCellier has decent food, but their atmosphere is horrific. You're eating in a low ceiling cellar room that was originally opened as a buffet. Because of the popularity when it was a 1 credit restaurant, the tables are jammed tightly together. The wait staff and kitchen are told to push the people through, because companies like TripAdvisor say it's a great place to eat and that continues to draw crowds.

At this point, LeCellier is living on its reputation. If you look at reviews, and had a way to limit them to the last few years, you'd see the restaurant isn't scoring much higher than Tony's Town Square, which is considered the nadir of Disney Dining.
It used to be a buffet? Like a buffet, with steak? Because that already sounds like a recipe for customer service disaster when they take that away, keep the tiny seating and upgrade the TS credits needed for an ADR.

It used to be a buffet? Like a buffet, with steak? Because that already sounds like a recipe for customer service disaster when they take that away, keep the tiny seating and upgrade the TS credits needed for an ADR.
if it was it had to be 20 years ago. I ate there for NYE 1999/2000 and it was the format it is now. It was before the DDP. And the mushroom filet was the signature dish, they also had the cheese soup, pretzel bread, chocolate mousse and maple creme brulee, some form of PEI mussels, and some kind of salmon. Those have been staples for nearly two decades. It was hard to get into even before the DDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter