Why is Sapphire Falls almost sold out 1/22-26

HPatlast

Earning My Ears
We are planning our first HP trip to celebrate my son's birthday 1/23-1/26. Shockingly, I see Sapphire Falls and Royal Pacific are practically sold out (and reservations claims the other hotels are similarly booked). Hotels are relatively clear the week before and the week after. His birthday is during our trip and is a special request, so we can't move weeks. Despite the assurances of various crowd calendars, it's looking like HP will be packed that week! Should we get xpress passes (or move to a hotel that gives them while still on sale) - or is this a convention? We are Disney folk and don't have any wisdom for Universal planning. Thanks!

Crowds tend to still be high that week following the long weekend. I’ve been there then though and don’t think Express Passes are needed. You should take advantage of early entry though, even just the tail end of it to get a head start.
Lots of international guests (especially from South America) all winter long too.

Very likely convention related, it's a popular time for them to be scheduled. When we walked through Sapphire to Royal Pacific I was surprised how large both their convention facilities are. On the positive side, the park crowd levels will be only marginally impacted.

We'll be there that time period, too. I see that Royal Pacific does have rooms still. We're splitting between Cabana & Royal Pacific. I'll be dropping a Hard Rock reservation for the Sat-Mon that week soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter