Why is ShopDisney taking so long with orders then claiming to have items in stock when they are sold out?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
Lately when you order items from ShopDisney I'm noticing that they take too long to ship the items and people never recieve them and I wonder if ShopDisney is doing things differently now and I wonder if this is because ShopDisney has changed management in the merchandise department? I also have noticed that ShopDisney advertises items but when you try to get that item it tells you that it's sold out and no reason is given. And I'm wondering if ShopDisney is changing it's image or is it due to supply and demand? Take for example ShopDisney has loads of the Elliott plush for sale but I ordered my Elliott plush back in May but I have never recieved it and ShopDisney claims that it's on backorder and I know that they have tons of plushies and now they lowered the price of the Elliott plushie and also lowered the prices of other Disney plushies but they are on backorder too. Another thing that ShopDisney is doing is advertising new Christmas merchandise but promises it in stock but you try to order it and they tell you the same thing that it's on backorder. I think now that Christmas is coming ShopDisney needs to improve themselves and give the people the items they order at the right time and not put so many items on backorder. I wonder if ShopDisney is making people buy all the newest merchandise at the cheapest price and then raise the price at after Christmas sales. This news has interested me ever since my mom and I are ShopDisney fans and I think ShopDisney should improve on this,
Why is this happening a lot on ShopDisney?

I thought you were still waiting in line to see Characters....

Seems like you have all the crappy Disney waiting luck....
Never had that issue... I ordered yesterday afternoon (really want that Heart Box/poison apple ornament) and it already shipped last night...

I will say that I did notice that a couple of things that I had pre-ordered from Shop Disney did show up in the parks a few months before my order was filled.

shopDisney gets absolutley slammed as the holidays approach. They actually used to be even slower! It's frustrating though, but I do recommend contacting customer service if you have any issues. In my experience they have been helpful.

Warning..WARNING !!!!!!!

Shipping is horrible. Weeks to rec anything.
UPS, FEdEx, USPS all have gotten totally unreliability.
Order this week if you have any hope for christmas delivery. Maybe !

I ordered 3 days ago and it shipped same day.. coming in a few days

Every order is different.

Never had an issue

Last edited:
I've actually had the same problem with Shop Disney lately.

Item claims to be in stock, then it isn't, then it's delayed. Then it says it will ship, but then it doesn't. And then the order is canceled. Either you have it or you don't. And if your webstore isn't reflecting your actual stock, you should give up and shut down.

Mostly I think Disney can't do anything right at this point, so I'm spending my money elsewhere.

Covid rates rising again worldwide could easily be affecting Disney product availability since many are made in China. With China’s zero-covid policy, you can figure there will be no factories operating in areas with increasing rates.

Shanghai Disney is closed again, I read recently.

Funny, I've had the exact opposite experience. I ordered 4 times in the past month and I've received all my orders in about 5 days or less - I was very surprised. Normally it would take about 10 days. I do think all the special offers they have had recently may have increased demand and possibly shipping times.

I don't order from ShopDisney often but when I do I find it's very inconsistent. I ordered one of the holiday spirit jerseys the week they were released and it arrived in about 4-5 days. Meanwhile back in August I bought a pair of ears and they took FOREVER to arrive. I was about to contact Disney for a refund because I thought they were lost in transit but they were eventually delivered.

Lately when you order items from ShopDisney I'm noticing that they take too long to ship the items and people never recieve them...
It's not the fault of people at the warehouse. This sort of thing is a software problem. Every major business in the world runs its warehouses on software today, tracking inventory, sales, and shipping. If the software is poorly written or the servers are frequently overwhelmed by the volume of orders, things get screwed up. But when the software and servers are robust, things move along more quickly than could be managed by us error-prone humans. I have no inside window into Disney's IT, but I suspect the ShopDisney software--as elsewhere in the organization--is not exactly magical.

Funny, I've had the exact opposite experience. I ordered 4 times in the past month and I've received all my orders in about 5 days or less - I was very surprised. Normally it would take about 10 days. I do think all the special offers they have had recently may have increased demand and possibly shipping times.
Same, all orders I've done this year have come in in 5 days or less. I was very pleasantly surprised.

I ordered a couple items about 2 weeks ago and the package came in less than a week. Complete order and nothing back ordered. It actually is probably my fastest shipped order from Shop Disney in the last 5-10 years. I have never had the issues described in the original post except a few that shipped a little slowly.

Ordered 3 times in the last 2 months. All of them came in 5 days or less. Including the black friday sale order I did on sunday.

shopDisney gets absolutley slammed as the holidays approach. They actually used to be even slower! It's frustrating though, but I do recommend contacting customer service if you have any issues. In my experience they have been helpful.
Many of their "workers" are robots pulling items from bins. So when machinery goes down, there is that issue as well.

Curious - For people ordering, how many items are usually in your order for it to come so quickly?

The last time I ordered (August, for World Princess Week, just the Jasmine tumbler) -- Took maybe a week. The last time I ordered multiple items in a package was nearly 10 years ago and it was slow then.

Curious - For people ordering, how many items are usually in your order for it to come so quickly?

The last time I ordered (August, for World Princess Week, just the Jasmine tumbler) -- Took maybe a week. The last time I ordered multiple items in a package was nearly 10 years ago and it was slow then.
My last one had like 8 items. One before that had 2. I think it depends more on location than anything, we are close-ish to California where the warehouse that sends our packages is. If it's the only warehouse then I imagine orders from the east coast would take longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter