• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why is the hold time so long??

runnermama78

Mouseketeer
I’ve currently been on hold for 2hrs and 15 min trying to modify our one day park tickets to a different day and change park passes to that day. I tried to do it on line, but website kept glitching and I didn’t want to chance it. I’m not sure how much longer I can wait! 😭

That's a really long wait time. Sorry you have to deal with that!
Of course, ideally companies keep enough staff on hand to answer the phone. Assuming that's not financially possible, they really should set up call-back systems. Or perhaps a way to queue your call on the website or app.

I went through the "please hold" game for our trip in December. I finally decided to wait until later in the evening (8:00 pm CST) and was successful. Now, who knows it that was just a random event and the time does not matter.

The changing of park passes is tricky. The original park reservation needs to be cancelled before a new park is chosen. Unfortunately that part cannot be modified. And there needs to be availability for that park/day too.

The changing of park passes is tricky. The original park reservation needs to be cancelled before a new park is chosen. Unfortunately that part cannot be modified. And there needs to be availability for that park/day too.
I know. But since it was already glitching on my end, I didn’t want to take a chance that I’d get it cancelled and not be able to rebook. There is currently availability showing.

That's a really long wait time. Sorry you have to deal with that!
Of course, ideally companies keep enough staff on hand to answer the phone. Assuming that's not financially possible, they really should set up call-back systems. Or perhaps a way to queue your call on the website or app.
Yeah, a call back would be great. I understand that companies have had to let some staff go, but it still seems excessive. I had to call Universal last week and was only on hold 30 minutes. 🤷‍♀️ I’m at about 3 hours now.

I called a few days ago, after trying multiple times during the workday but having to disconnect before reaching someone.

Called at 730pm and finally got a CM at 10:32pm.

I hope you are answered soon!

I’m on hold with ticketing to add on the two free days offered by dVic for those who bought a 4 day park ticket. The email I received said to call dvc. They couldn’t help and transferred me to ticketing. Three hours is way too long to be on hold. Can I do this when I get to the resort or park ? The email said the ticket had to be purchased before May 2. Does that mean I have only until then to add these days? We’re arriving may 22. Im out of patience with Disney.

I’m on hold with ticketing to add on the two free days offered by dVic for those who bought a 4 day park ticket. The email I received said to call dvc. They couldn’t help and transferred me to ticketing. Three hours is way too long to be on hold. Can I do this when I get to the resort or park ? The email said the ticket had to be purchased before May 2. Does that mean I have only until then to add these days? We’re arriving may 22. Im out of patience with Disney.
Unbelievable, I don't know what to say or how to help, there's gotta be a better way! They must be very low staffed, so many are complaining.

There's a pandemic and people were laid off.

Nope, that’s not acceptable. Disney World is open, has been for 9 months now. They have thousands of guests every day & are charging those people thousands of dollars for their vacations. Let’s face it, they’re not paying the phone CMs that much. They should by now have enough of them called back to answer in a reasonable amount of time. And 3 hours is not reasonable by any stretch of the imagination.

It is beyond frustrating & certainly not customer friendly. recently I’ve had to call 2 different times- one was answered right away, the other took 3 hours on hold. Which really is not acceptable!

Are any of these issues able to be resolved through the chat system? I have had luck with that feature

I tried calling with a ticket concern a couple of days ago. I called about 3 hours before closing and received a message that they were not taking any more calls that night.

Nope, that’s not acceptable. Disney World is open, has been for 9 months now. They have thousands of guests every day & are charging those people thousands of dollars for their vacations. Let’s face it, they’re not paying the phone CMs that much. They should by now have enough of them called back to answer in a reasonable amount of time. And 3 hours is not reasonable by any stretch of the imagination.

I didn’t say it’s acceptable. It’s clearly not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter