• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why no iPhone app for Disboards?

Mike Jones

<font color=993300>....nothing clever to say... ju
I use my iPhone for almost all my Internet browsing these days and most sites and forums have an app or a 'lite' version for quicker loading. Any reason we don't have one? Or better yet, is there one in the pipeline?

Mike

So, not such an interesting query then? Not enough people using smartphones??

Am off to crank up my wireless for the Vera Lynn concertt.

Have worked out why not. You can't show the plethora of advertisements on a small screen version!!

Ah well, that will kill it then.

Actually I was wondering the same thing and came across your thread when doing a google search.. :rotfl2:

Have worked out why not. You can't show the plethora of advertisements on a small screen version!!

Ah well, that will kill it then.

Wow harsh! And completely wrong!
As I explained in the other mobile thread nobody's mobile client would work with the old servers we were on. Now that we have upgraded we will be adding forum runner. We are doing the hosted version so it will be free. I just sent off the last thing they asked for to set this up so they are working on it.

As I explained in the other mobile thread nobody's mobile client would work with the old servers we were on. Now that we have upgraded we will be adding forum runner. We are doing the hosted version so it will be free. I just sent off the last thing they asked for to set this up so they are working on it.

:guilty:.. apologies for my presumptions Alex! looking forward to developments.

Mike

Thank you, Alex. Is there another thread we can check for updates on this?

I'm installing the application on the boards this evening, then the Apple people need to test it... I'd say barring issues we are very close

Did you know it takes 1-2 weeks for Apple to approve an application once it is submitted to the app store? Neither did I

tick....tick....tick.....

WebmasterAlex said:
Did you know it takes 1-2 weeks for Apple to approve an application once it is submitted to the app store? Neither did I

tick....tick....tick.....

Alex, THANK YOU so much for all the work to get the iPhone app up and running! It's so much easier now to access the disboards from my phone. Kudos to the developers and everyone who was involved in making this happen!

What is the love affair with the closed OS IPhone? It has 20% of the market, Andriod has 60. Creating and getting apps approved takes half the time. The app runs on one phone from one manufacturer. Android works on many phones from several manufacturers. Why aren't all these apps coming out for Android first? Is the developer toolkit easier to use?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter