• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why no Magical Express at LAX?

tvwalsh

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Is this the fiftieth anniversary of Disneyland or not? Why do visitors to WDW get magical express and we don't?

I was shocked to find that Magical Express, which saves money and adds convenience, is not available to DL visitors.

Any explanation?

Probably due to the low number of onsite hotel choices and the increased number of possible airports. There are at least 3 airports for arrivals heading to Disneyland and then only 3 hotels. I'm not saying they couldn't do it, it just probably wouldn't be cost effective when you think of the number of buses they'd need to run to all 3 airports, plus the trucks for baggage.

I would also add that Disneyland has a much larger local base of visitors who drive to the parks instead of flying in. And I agree, with only 3 onsite choices there just isn't the big market and need to get guests to a Disney hotel.

What is the best(and if possible cheapest) way to shuttle to the Grand Califorian hotel?

tvwalsh said:
What is the best(and if possible cheapest) way to shuttle to the Grand Califorian hotel?

Which airport are you flying into? I think Supershuttle generally has the best rates. If you are flying into Orange County (aka John Wayne), a cab would cost you around $35, I think Supershuttle is under $20 roundtrip( its been awhile since I did supershuttle, I believe it was $16 round trip when we did that from John Wayne two years ago). If LAX or one of the other airports is where you are flying into, then cab fares as well as shuttle rates will be higher.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter