Why...oh why...

britchic it sounds like you got the same person I did - I got an email confirmation with my reservation number etc, and a note on it stating that free Disney dining plan was included in the booking.

Karen did you phone the Customer Service number, or the Expedia booking number? I got nowhere with the booking staff on the phone, but Customer Services sorted it out for me. The number for Customer Services is 0871 226 0808.

Elaine the person I spoke to on Saturday was CS too and nice as he was he was no use. Very different to the woman I spoke to yesterday who had obviously dealt with it before. Just luck of the draw I think.

Well, to update on my Expedia booking. I decided to phone them today & after going through the whole saga with another operator, he told me to hold on while he phoned Disney. After 10 mins he came back to say that they didn't understand what he was asking them & he was going to have to send them a printscreen of the deal & would phone me back in 30 mins. He did phone back, but only to say that whoever he was talking to at Disney didn't know & was referring the matter to his manager & they would get back to me tomorrow.

Why am I having so much trouble with this booking? :confused3 I hope tomorrow brings some good news. I'll let you know how I get on. I wish I had the name of someone at Expedia who could sort this out for me.

A day later, but still no further on. I got a courtesy call today from Expedia to say that they still hadn't heard back from Disney:confused3 Will let you know if I ever get this sorted!

Sorry Karen I wish I could give you a name of the lady I spoke to. I do know the man who didn't know what he was doing was called Laurence. He was nice but like you it seemed to involve calling multiple people and he didn't call me back, although I admit I only gave it half a day before I called again (and didn't ask to speak to him!).
I'm feeling rather nervous about these expedia bookings and whether we are actually going to get our free dining. When is the first person on here going with Expedia? I'm going early January. I've no idea what happens with Expedia and whether we get sent vouchers etc before we go. Suppose I should have asked them that!

Sorry Karen I wish I could give you a name of the lady I spoke to. I do know the man who didn't know what he was doing was called Laurence. He was nice but like you it seemed to involve calling multiple people and he didn't call me back, although I admit I only gave it half a day before I called again (and didn't ask to speak to him!).
I'm feeling rather nervous about these expedia bookings and whether we are actually going to get our free dining. When is the first person on here going with Expedia? I'm going early January. I've no idea what happens with Expedia and whether we get sent vouchers etc before we go. Suppose I should have asked them that!

I'm getting nervous now too. I don't go until the end of November, so hopefully someone else on here will be going sooner than that & will come back and tell us that they got the vouchers! I have saved a screenshot of the deal to prove that they are included, just in case I am still fighting my case and the deal goes off those dates.

I confess I don't know how to save a screenshot so I can't even do that!

I confess I don't know how to save a screenshot so I can't even do that!

I will admit that I had to get DH to do it. I think he pressed the 'Print Screen' button & then pasted it into a word document.

Still no word from Expedia - not even a courtesy call today. I hope I don't have to phone them again. I'm wondering if I should give up at this stage!

Hi Karen,
Hope you don't mind me asking but did you manage to get sorted. :thumbsup2
I would like to book with :worship: them but need the free dining to be able to afford it :scared1:.

Thanks Shelly :flower3:

Hi Karen,
Hope you don't mind me asking but did you manage to get sorted. :thumbsup2
I would like to book with :worship: them but need the free dining to be able to afford it :scared1:.

Thanks Shelly :flower3:

No, I still didn't get sorted. It's probably time to give them a phone again, but I haven't had much time during the day lately to spend on the phone. Maybe I'll give it another go tomorrow & will let you know how I get on.

I was just wondering about you yesterday Karen. I would definitely phone them again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter