Why on earth is everything booked....

dancin Disney style

<font color=blue>I found one to share with some fa
So I'm fully aware that the rest of SWGE opens on Dec 5th but there is literally not a room to be had for that week. The only thing on the Disney site is a $650/night villa at GF. I wanted to bring my DD for a quick weekend visit from the 4th-8th so she could see all the Christmas stuff. She's been bugging me for years and this year I can finally rearrange work so that I can take a couple days off. December is a very busy time for me, work wise.

I just found a great flight that is affordable and I would probably even accept the worst room on property at this point.

Yes, SWGE is adding to the craze and the holiday season is always busy, but welcome to the NEW Disney. If you aren't booking rooms, reservations, dining, FP months out, you aren't getting what you want. I am a DVC member and unless you book 7 to 11 months out, you are usually choosing a resort or room type you really don't want. Inside of 3 months, chances are there is nothing across the board. If you think the hotels and resorts are booked, try making dining 2 months out... HAHA. There will be slim pickings. Restaurants like Ohana, Narcoossee's, Le Cellier just to name a few are booked up at the 180 day mark. Then there is the FP system. 60 Days out... You miss that window, say goodbye to all Tier 1 FP's. This is the Disney craze that has become the norm and its only getting worse.

You have 3 options, 1. search this site for someone renting their DVC reservation for those specifics dates. Sometimes people don't just rent their points, they make a reservation, then rent that out. You may get lucky. 2. Stay off property. But you will only be able to make FP at 30 day mark. That time of year, there wont be much left at the 30 day mark, but at you will be there. Lastly and probably the best option, plan and book it for next December 2020. You'll get the dates you want. The flights that work best for you. you'll be able to make dining 180 out, pick the resort you want, make FP at the 60 day mark.... You've waited this long, whats one more year. To try less than 60 days out to book a trip there, you will just hit road blocks everywhere you turn.

Anyway, i knows its frustrating... But we all just keep going back for more... Good Luck.

Have you tried checking third parties like Expedia or Orbitz? Sometimes their availability is different, if they have blocks of rooms to sell. If you really want to come, and can’t get anything on property right now, book something with a liberal cancellation policy off property and keep trying.

If you can come in on the 3rd instead, I see a room at All Star Sports.

Last edited:
I’m in the U.K. and just played with your dates.
If you split 2 nights + 2 nights
All star music family suite & sports are available.

Several "good neighbor" hotels' guests also get 60 day FP.
This. Try a good neighbor hotel on Disney property like the Bonnet Creek Hilton, and you'll be very close to the parks, in a nice hotel, not paying Disney rates, and will get 60-day FP's.

Check day by day, as i searched for mine i found one day at the end of my trip was messing everything up. I would do this by phone, they are really nice and can also check good neighbor hotels for you.

I should have said that I'm a long time WDW vet and have been there over 25 times in the last 10+ years. I'm familiar with everything mentioned above. Thanks.

I've booked with Orbitz before so I've checked all the third party sellers and there was nothing. I've been there before during Pop Warner week and it was fine. That was only a couple of years ago and I booked 3 weeks before arrival. I even stayed at POP where the bulk of them were staying....only say them in the morning in the food court. I've also been there many times with the cheerleaders.

There are rooms available at many of the good neighbour hotels but the rates are prohibitively expensive. As in $360/night...plus resort fee and parking which if I stayed there I would need to rent a car. I'm in Canada so I have to add on approx. 35% for the exchange on the dollar. I have a found a couple of decent rates at WAY off property hotels but it's not all that appealing.

As to the thought process that you can't book anything unless it's 6-12 months in advance I have to strongly disagree with that. I rarely book more that a couple of months in advance and always get pretty much everything I want. It can take a bit of work searching for ADR's and changing of FP+ but I rather enjoy that party. My last visit was in August and I booked on Monday and arrived on Thursday. BTW....that Thursday was the day SWGE opened. That was extreme late booking but it was great.

Search by package and not room only. All Stars Movie and Caribbean are showing availability!
For some reason I can't figure out how to search starting with a package. It keeps defaulting to the holiday room only offer. I don't need tickets but I would buy a 1 day to make it a package.

This. Try a good neighbor hotel on Disney property like the Bonnet Creek Hilton, and you'll be very close to the parks, in a nice hotel, not paying Disney rates, and will get 60-day FP's.
I love HBC but it's sooo expensive now. The resort fee is $45 plus parking. I did check it because I have Hilton status but the points required are out of sight and just not worth it.

November and December are the “it” months to travel these days. It’s a complete reversal of the past when Disney was packed in the summer and empty in winter.
I don't think there is a slow time at any time of the year any more.

Check day by day, as i searched for mine i found one day at the end of my trip was messing everything up. I would do this by phone, they are really nice and can also check good neighbor hotels for you.
Yes....I checked day by day and the last day seems to be the issue.

Back in Feb I booked at the Hampton in Lake Buena Vista for 4 nites. They have a shuttle that gets you to the parks and one that will pick up. However, I usually didn't take the one home as I wanted to get back sooner than it ran. So I would get to DS and uber for 6-7 bucks back to the room. I ubered from airport as well. They have availability for $143/night right now for your dates

I originally booked 12/4-9 over 12+ mo out, assuming that late fall for Disney meant that SWGE would be open by then. After Disney announced Aug 29 opening for SWGE and 12/5 for RotR, I’ve been checking availability for that week and also checking for discounts and have seen availability steadily decrease. We have gone the 1st week in Dec in 2013, 2015, and 2017, often overlapping with POP Warner. Have not seen similar limited availability in these prior trips. IMO, this is due to a combination of factors: (1) holiday room only discount & free dining (beg 12/8), (2) there are no low crowd times anymore thanks to popularity and tiered ticket pricing, and yes (3) due to SWGE. I think many who were planning their trip around SWGE thought that by Dec, some of the initial predicted crowds might moderate. Then when they announced 12/5 opening of RotR, I think that pulled in even more Star Wars fans. Just my take on things.

I belong to a travel club called Club1hotels. You pay an annual fee to join but many times you can join for free. We joined as my BF worked in a We Work space and everyone in the building got enrolled for free. Since then we've used it a lot for all-inclusives in Mexico. They currently have rooms at the Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs Area (1900 E. Buena Vista Drive) for your dates for $166 with tax. Not sure if they have resort charges or not. We booked the Hilton Bonnett Creek for a last minute Easter trip for something like $120 night. We've booked probably 10 different hotels with them and have great service. Their website is pretty bad...and you results will be wonky sometimes. ie you get different results if you search for Orlando vs Lake Buena Vista vs Kissimmee. But onc you get the hang of it, the rates are well worth the below average IT.

I was able to go through my contact that I usually use and get my boss signed up for free....kinda a friends and family signup thing. If you are interested I'd be happy to email the person I usually use and cc you on the email and you might be able to get signed up for free. If you google the name you'll find some of the larger travel blogs have reviewed the service. Feel free to PM me if you are interested.

EDIT: I was given the following link to share if anyone is interested. 1 year free membership. https://club1hotels.com/vip/

Last edited:
I belong to a travel club called Club1hotels. You pay an annual fee to join but many times you can join for free. We joined as my BF worked in a We Work space and everyone in the building got enrolled for free. Since then we've used it a lot for all-inclusives in Mexico. They currently have rooms at the Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs Area (1900 E. Buena Vista Drive) for your dates for $166 with tax. Not sure if they have resort charges or not. We booked the Hilton Bonnett Creek for a last minute Easter trip for something like $120 night. We've booked probably 10 different hotels with them and have great service. Their website is pretty bad...and you results will be wonky sometimes. ie you get different results if you search for Orlando vs Lake Buena Vista vs Kissimmee. But onc you get the hang of it, the rates are well worth the below average IT.

I was able to go through my contact that I usually use and get my boss signed up for free....kinda a friends and family signup thing. If you are interested I'd be happy to email the person I usually use and cc you on the email and you might be able to get signed up for free. If you google the name you'll find some of the larger travel blogs have reviewed the service. Feel free to PM me if you are interested.

EDIT: I was given the following link to share if anyone is interested. 1 year free membership. https://club1hotels.com/vip/
Thanks!!! Definitely worth a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter