Why only counter service at American Adventure?

photobob

DIS Veteran
Just seems odd that all the countries in World Showcase offer sit-down restaurants and counter service but the American Adventure only has counter service. Wonder why?

My feeling is that the sit downs help you feel like you are visiting another country. If you live in the usa why would you want to experience a sit down there. You can do that anytime. I could be wrong though.

When I took the Hidden Wonders of World Showcase tour (I think that was what it was called) a few years ago, our guide commented on this. He said that originally it was a relatively fancy sit-down restaurant, but the number one comment/complaint from out-of-country guests was that when they think of 'American' food, they think of burgers/fries/hotdogs etc, not gourmet. So they changed it to counter service.

Not sure if that's the only/real reason, but that's what he told us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter