• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why POR for 5, and not CBR?

DisneyMomx7

DIS Veteran
I always wondered why Disney picked the POR for families of five instead of CBR. Since CBR is the larges resort I wonder why they didn't put the trundles in there instead. Anyone know?

My random thought is that the AB rustic rooms were in a style that a trundle bed would look good in.

I know. I thought the same way too. You would think CBR would have trundle bed because the room there is a little bit bigger than the other resorts.

Isn't the CBR the resortthat people say is for conventions? Maybe that is why they chose AB in POR as it is so family oriented with the swimming hole, fishing, etc.

Caribbean Beach was also the first non-deluxe hotel that was built. It may have been a situation where they evaluated CBR and decided they needed a moderate to accomodate 5.

Just another guess! :)

I just want to add that I think it's 5 in the room, using trundle, if someone in the party is 9 or under. They wouldn't let me book one room for 5 because we were all over the age of 9.

Maybe they're cracking down on 5 in the room interpretation. :flower:

DisneyMomx7 said:
I always wondered why Disney picked the POR for families of five instead of CBR. Since CBR is the larges resort I wonder why they didn't put the trundles in there instead. Anyone know?

So i'm not the only one who was wondering this! :)

I tried to book POR with 5 this week. My youngest is a very small & petite 12 year old and would have fit on the trundle (she said it was 65x36 inches - big enough) BUT she still would not book it for us either. She said 9 or under. She would only book me two rooms or bump me up to Deluxe. Because we were in the "system" she had everyone's names/ages....... :sad2:

When they recently remodeled CBR I thought that they would have made some of the rooms to accomodate 5. Seems like the demand for rooms for 5 has increased over the years.

I think POR is better for families... more things to do for the kids and its romantic for the parents as well... lot better than a convention center where your worried if your kids are keeping up the adults that never watched peter pan b4 and grew up into working class stiffs!!!!
Allyson

Our daughter is just 9 and we are headed to POR in September. We booked two connecting rooms for our family of five. We wanted the extra space and second bathroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter