Why so busy? Travel Dates Dec 1-5 2014

MichiganMom3

Earning My Ears
Hello!
My family is planning our Disney World vacation on December 1-5, 2014. We booked these dates based on a variety of sites recommending the best time to visit Disney World. For some reason, everything seems really busy during the dates we will be visiting and I was wondering if anyone knows what's going on? We are staying at a Disney property and I missed the full 10 extra bonus days of dining reservations. Even still with 184 days in advance, I was not able to get into BOG, and had to move my plans around to get in CRT. There is not a free dining plan offered during our stay, and I can't seem to find any groups or event going on. Any thoughts would be helpful. I really wanted to visit during a slower time since it will be my daughter's, 4, first visit.
Thanks in advance!

Hello!
My family is planning our Disney World vacation on December 1-5, 2014. We booked these dates based on a variety of sites recommending the best time to visit Disney World. For some reason, everything seems really busy during the dates we will be visiting and I was wondering if anyone knows what's going on? We are staying at a Disney property and I missed the full 10 extra bonus days of dining reservations. Even still with 184 days in advance, I was not able to get into BOG, and had to move my plans around to get in CRT. There is not a free dining plan offered during our stay, and I can't seem to find any groups or event going on. Any thoughts would be helpful. I really wanted to visit during a slower time since it will be my daughter's, 4, first visit.
Thanks in advance!

Those are two of the most popular dining reservations to get. Even if you went during the absolute slowest week of the year, you would have a hard time getting those. It is just the way it is. My father and my son will be there that week. They have had no problems getting any dining reservations that they wanted but they weren't going after popular ones either.

That week is popular with DVC members so those resorts are full. Also BOG and CRT are the two most popular reservations so even at a slow time they will fill completely at 180.

Yep, even during slow periods those are just two reservations that can be hard to get unless you are up at midnight the first day reservations open. Akershus is a good alternative to CRT and the California Grill might be too. It isn't a princess meal or in a castle but my girls loved eating in a 'fancy' restaurant and watching the fireworks over the castle from our table :)

Thanks for all the input! I was caught off guard regarding the demand of the restaurants. I thought I was on top of everything at the 180 mark. We did get into CRT, however, I had to book a different day than I originally wanted. We also have Akershus' booked. Fingers crossed for a fast pass lunch at BOG.

Just as a warning. One of the Disney blogs I follow posted the other day how nobody with November travel dates has been able to get a FP+ for BOG :( such a disappointment if that continues. It really makes no sense because I also read in the last week that they are doing a 'test' at BOG that is FP+ only for lunch, no standby. So hopefully by December they have whatever they are doing there all worked out

Oh no! Thanks for the warning! I hope they give them out by December. I talked to a gentlemen with reservations and he said to check about 3 days out from your desire date to look for cancelations. Hopefully something will open up for us, or we will get a fast pass for lunch.

There is also a big Pop Warner convention usually at that time and they usually film the ABC Disney parade that first weekend in Dec. We were there last year. It was bust but not crazy, it was manageable.

Pop Warner is scheduled this year for December 6-13. We looked into the dates before booking. :) Good to hear that it was manageable with it going on. I am sure everything will work out, and the DVC reservations makes a lot of sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter