Why so crowded?

tigger2002

DIS Veteran
Why do YOU think it is so crowded now? Not enough places open, not enough employees, too many season pass holders (looking at you Florida residents), prices too cheap (just had to put that one in there), etc.?

Other reasons?

I think the single biggest reason is pent up demand. So many people have gone the better part of two years without travel that they are anxious to go somewhere.

DVC members have points built up from trips cancelled or not taken and want to use them before they lose them.

• many people didn't travel for 2 yr and now they're desperate to go SOMEWHERE
  • pent up Disney parks demand
  • Disneyland-ers who wanted a less restrictive experience than going to DL right now
  • reduced restaurant capacity
  • not enough employees, so can't funnel people through the queues fast enough
  • pent up demand to travel overseas, but difficult up until just this past 2 weeks to do so, so people figured, "Meh, let's go to WDW instead for now."
  • people tired of doing weekend trips closer to home
  • DVC members with points banked to use up
  • not enough big people eater "things" - like Fantasmic & all of the day time big people eater shows
  • 50th anniversary night time "spectaculars" turned out to be less than spectacular, so what was intended to be big night time people eaters isn't sucking up 10s of thousands of guests for over an hour in the evening

On a personal note, it’s a place to go without testing or requirements right now. Our preferred family vacation is a cruise but that’s on hold for the time being for us. So back to Disney we go again

• Pent up demand
  • Return of international travel
  • The move to online work and school means that more people can do Disney trips outside of traditional vacation times
  • Fewer shows/entertainment to funnel the crowds
  • Character meets are taking a lot less time, so people aren't waiting in line there - instead they are out in the parks
  • No parades which would take away crowds as people sat for an hour or more to stake out their spot

On a personal note, it’s a place to go without testing or requirements right now. Our preferred family vacation is a cruise but that’s on hold for the time being for us. So back to Disney we go again
Same here. We canceled several cruises and went to Disney instead just because we like going to a place with a lot of (outdoor) activities and the risk of being quarantined is low.

The past weekend was a holiday weekend, so that explains that. And some schools are off all week. As far as January and February go, I think it's all of the things that have been listed with pent up demand high on the list. I imagine that thousands of people just thought that Jan/Feb would be slow since they were always slow in the past, and they were all thinking the same thing so everyone came at the same time.

Now that the mask rule is gone I expect it to be even busier. I've also heard several people
say they will try to hurry and go while cases are trending down.

Also you don't have to show proof you are vaccinated like a lot of other places. Look
for it to continue to be busy rest of year as International travel heats up.

To piggyback on another…many would be cruisers staying on land, and in the same vein, less international travel to Europe and all-inclusive resorts in Mexico.

I’m desperately trying to cancel our trip, but I’m getting outvoted 3-1 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter