Why so expensive in Jan 2022?

ForeverJ

Earning My Ears
Planning a Disney vacation and finally looking to book offsite. Just with a quick search though, it seems as if pricing for hotels in the orlando area are leas expensive in November and December than they are in January/February. Anyone have any idea why? Is this normal? We were hoping to stay at Waldorf Astoria or a similar hotel.

First, be aware that you usually can get the Waldorf on Hotwire (no cancellation) for about $100 per night less than renting directly.

Second, January tends to contain Marathon Weekends, and so is (normally) a popular time for long weekends.

Yes I considered marathon weekend. We are looking to book around Jan 25-Feb 2nd. I will look into Hotwire though! I hadn’t considered that the hotel will be discounted there. Thanks!

Yes I considered marathon weekend. We are looking to book around Jan 25-Feb 2nd. I will look into Hotwire though! I hadn’t considered that the hotel will be discounted there. Thanks!
I took a quick look - only about $60 off for the Waldorf right now.

September and January are usually the cheapest months. December is usually cheap till the 15th except at Disney because everyone likes to see the Christmas decorations. I think the hotels anticipate pent up demand and are keeping prices high. If they book up they will raise them further. If they don’t they will drop their prices. If you are looking for a week I would look into timeshare rentals from owners. There are many that are good and very cheap.

September and January are usually the cheapest months. December is usually cheap till the 15th except at Disney because everyone likes to see the Christmas decorations. I think the hotels anticipate pent up demand and are keeping prices high. If they book up they will raise them further. If they don’t they will drop their prices. If you are looking for a week I would look into timeshare rentals from owners. There are many that are good and very cheap.
any pointers on how to get access to timeshare rentals? I’m new to all of this lol I’m so used to booking through Disney that i have no clue where to begin looking offsite. Thank you for your help!

Don’t know if I can give you the names of the sites. Don’t want to get in trouble. I have no interest in any of the sites. If the moderator says it is ok to post one of them I will.

Planning a Disney vacation and finally looking to book offsite. Just with a quick search though, it seems as if pricing for hotels in the orlando area are leas expensive in November and December than they are in January/February. Anyone have any idea why? Is this normal? We were hoping to stay at Waldorf Astoria or a similar hotel.
The Dolphin might be less expensive than Waldorf. We like renting points to stay at SSR studios.

They have not released pricing for next year. Marriott/ Sheraton told me it will probably happen in the fall sometime. If you book now to save your spot you can readjust as it gets closer and deals are given. Personally I like to try and get hotwire deals in the 30 day range and cancel the ones I have.

any pointers on how to get access to timeshare rentals? I’m new to all of this lol I’m so used to booking through Disney that i have no clue where to begin looking offsite. Thank you for your help!
Tugbbs.com, Redweek.com, ebay.com all offer them. An easy place to start is doing a search for Wyndham Bonnet Creek on ebay.

January and February are busy, plus I'm sure a lot of hotels are hoping there will be lots of demand for travel in the New Year and don't want to discount.

Might be because they anticipate Brazil and South America to be fully vaccinated by January. So the South American Disney wave will be massive since they haven't been able to go to Disney for almost 2 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter