• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why some don't like to mobile order?

And exactly how do you know it's not true? I personally know someone who went and used mobile ordering. According to them they had to wait a while to get their food after ordering right before arriving at the location because all the pickup times were taken. How exactly is telling me the honest truth fear mongering? Unless of course you're saying that my friend lied to my face. Is that what you're saying? I think I'll follow their advice and order earlier in the morning for my lunch or dinner quick Service locations. 😉 They're not the only person that I've say that.
The way the system works right now is you need to pick a time. So if all the times are full and you decide to walk up and try to order you will either be turned away or told it will be awhile since others who have taken the mobile order slots are waiting for food. If you can just walk up and cut the line.. it would be mayhem.

I've used it many times. Someone may be recommending it, but it's not necessary. It is super easy to order just a few minutes ahead at almost every QC. The only exception I saw was Woody's (which is terrible anyway). People who say you have to order hours ahead are just whining, complaining, and fear mongering.
Agree with most of your points, except one. Woodys is delicious! Haha
Never have had any problems mobile ordering when I wanted.

Agree with most of your points, except one. Woodys is delicious! Haha
Never have had any problems mobile ordering when I wanted.

:) -- I don't mind the food at Woody's, but it is too cramped, too hot, doesn't have enough seating. Generally an uncomfortable place.

So just purchase several gift cards and Link those to the account for mobile ordering. Is that not an option? That's what I planned on doing. Before our trip I'm going to go to our bank and order $500 gift cards to equal the amount of money I think we're going to spend on food plus an extra $300 buffer and I'm going to link those to my account for mobile ordering.

Unfortunately the system is not set up to hold your gift card and you have to enter it manually for ever mobile order. This is a pain. You also can't use multiple gift cards like if you have a bunch of small balances left to use up, there is a maximum number of payment types you can use.

One reason I have trepidation is because I like to see the food before I order it. It's one thing to see pics but u may change my mind when seeing it in person.
hrm valid point but I dont believe they have much out these days. Unless you stalk the mobile order section or when folks grab the food.

I haven't used mobile ordering yet. (Last trip was January 2020, and we had to cancel January 2021.)

But these are my thoughts, FWIW....
We save up cash for meals at Disney. So if we're not paying cash on the spot, we're charging it back to our room and paying THAT amount in cash at the front desk. As long as I can charge to my room, I'm happy to use mobile ordering on my next trip. (January 2022)
But if I have to set it up to an actual card, I won't be using it. Perhaps they'll update it before our trip - we'll see!

hrm valid point but I dont believe they have much out these days. Unless you stalk the mobile order section or when folks grab the food.

When you walk up you usually have lots of people in that general area who are eating from that location, i just glance at their plates. One reason for that is i love onion rings, but onion rings vary greatly by how they are breaded, the type of onion, and how its cut. One glance and i know if i should order them or not. Cookes of Dublin/Raglan Road, yes ill order............Restaurantosaurus, no way Jose.

The way the system works right now is you need to pick a time. So if all the times are full and you decide to walk up and try to order you will either be turned away or told it will be awhile since others who have taken the mobile order slots are waiting for food. If you can just walk up and cut the line.. it would be mayhem.
If I make a lunch order for a pickup time of 11:30 a.m. as early as 9:00 a.m. then there's no problem with it. I'll get there at 11:30 a.m., pick up my food, go sit down, and eat. If people show up at 11:30 a.m. and attempt to get a mobile order that very moment and they're turned away that's not my problem. I'm playing the game the way Disney has set it up.

LOL - having to wait awhile to get your food equals needing to order hours ahead? Ok...sure. Also, if all of the pickup times were taken, then they wouldn't be waiting awhile to get their food, they would be unable to get their food. So, this doesn't sound credible.
I'm not going to hand walk you through this. I'm going to make my order at 7:00 or 8:00 a.m. for an 11:30 pick up time if possible and I'm going to sit down and eat at 11:30 a.m. if possible. Have a nice day.

If I make a lunch order for a pickup time of 11:30 a.m. as early as 9:00 a.m. then there's no problem with it. I'll get there at 11:30 a.m., pick up my food, go sit down, and eat. If people show up at 11:30 a.m. and attempt to get a mobile order that very moment and they're turned away that's not my problem. I'm playing the game the way Disney has set it up.

Or you can order at 11 and select 11:30 pickup with no issues. Often you can order at 11:20 and select 11:30 pickup with no issues. Sometimes you can order at 11:30 and select 11:30 pickup with no issues.

I'm not going to hand walk you through this. I'm going to make my order at 7:00 or 8:00 a.m. for an 11:30 pick up time if possible and I'm going to sit down and eat at 11:30 a.m. if possible. Have a nice day.

You certainly CAN order early. No one is suggesting otherwise. I'm saying it's not necessary.

Or you can order at 11 and select 11:30 pickup with no issues. Often you can order at 11:20 and select 11:30 pickup with no issues. Sometimes you can order at 11:30 and select 11:30 pickup with no issues.
Or you can go and order at 11:30 and get there and they tell you there's no pickup times. Or you can order 11:30 and pick up your food at 3:00. Aaaaaannnnnd, I'm done. 🙋

I haven't used mobile ordering yet. (Last trip was January 2020, and we had to cancel January 2021.)

We save up cash for meals at Disney. So if we're not paying cash on the spot, we're charging it back to our room and paying THAT amount in cash at the front desk. As long as I can charge to my room, I'm happy to use mobile ordering on my next trip. (January 2022)
But if I have to set it up to an actual card, I won't be using it. Perhaps they'll update it before our trip - we'll see!
Mobile ordering has been around for years. You cannot charge it to a room, its either card or gift card. You can pay with cash at the register though. But if they see you have a phone, as of now they would be likely to have you use that.

I wasnt sold on mobile order at first because I thought you could only use credit cards. Once I saw you could enter your gift cards I loved using mobile. Makes things pretty easy.
The only thing I dislike is it forces you to use your cell phone. And on vacation I prefer not to get tied to a cell phone.

Just an option for future trips. Take the cash you set aside for food and put it into your debit account and use the target red card that uses your debit card. This way you get Gift cards that are 5% off and use that for money and now you have even cheaper meals. and simple mobile order with the GC (if you consolidate them all and copy the number to a note on your phone for easy entry)

do what you wish I was commenting on how your friends said they had to wait. Do what ever you feel is best for your family.

But based on eyewitness accounts from others who have already used it, it's recommended.

I live here and use mobile order at least once a week, usually much more, and I never have to order ahead. This includes all counter service and many table service that offer it right now! The most I've had for a wait time is a window about 45 minutes out.

I wasnt sold on mobile order at first because I thought you could only use credit cards. Once I saw you could enter your gift cards I loved using mobile. Makes things pretty easy.
The only thing I dislike is it forces you to use your cell phone. And on vacation I prefer not to get tied to a cell phone.

I mean, I wouldn't really call 3 times a day for 5 minutes *tied* to your phone?! And that's if you mobile order for all 3 meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter