• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why the 6 am fireworks Tuesday 8/6? [confirmed, new MNSSHP fireworks show test]

Diogo Pinheiro

Earning My Ears
Just woke up to 6 am MK fireworks. New to WDW (first day, first visit), is it normal, some celebration or rehearsal? Great way to wake up in any case!

Glad I am not crazy! We are at FW and were woken by them.... scared the heck out of me until I realized it was fireworks...

Yeah, in the past these early AM fireworks have often been tests for new shows - both fireworks shows themselves and/or pyro with the various stage shows. I agree with the PPs that it’s probably related to MNSSHP, which starts 8/16.

That’s interesting! We are staying at the Contemporary this week and heard nothing about it until the noise woke us this morning. I thought it was thunder at first but then realized it sounded like fireworks (or a war zone).

There has been some amazing photos posted of the sunrise fireworks. Just wish I could have been there to see them.

Staying at copper Creek dvc at wilderness Lodge. No notice about them. Woke up to the sound at 6am, could see the tops of the fireworks over the roof.

I can imagine a lot of people who wanted to sleep in were unhappy.

That was my first thought. If I was there with our kids and we were hoping to stay out late (which is anything after 8 pm!) to spend more time in the parks, I'd be pretty unhappy about something like fireworks testing at 6 am. I understand that unexpected noises will happen and sometimes we may get woken up, but a planned fireworks practice would irk me.

Yup, as said, testing for new MNSSHP fireworks.

I would have been PUMPED to get woken up by them and get to enjoy a preview!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter