Why we will not stay on UOR property again.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
No you check in show your CC and ID and that is about it. I checked into 3 different UO hotels over a week
You can check your bill on the TV and they email you a copy as well

One thing of note is you should see on your bill "Deposit Transfer at Check in" that is whatever deposit you paid in advance. that is in the credits column. There is also a charges column and then a final balance.
Thank you for this info! Letting my mom know as soon as I answer everyone else as she is taking the reigns on this situation.

I am wondering if the form you had to sign had to do with the fact you paid in full ahead of time? I would re-read that form if I was you to see exactly what you signed. I would also verify the email address that you sent it to in order to see who had the information. Might be a good starting point to figure out who dropped the ball.
Another excellent point thank you!

Did you ask to pay in full and the reservationist gave you a different number to call? Then the people at the second number sent you an email to sign and send back? Normally you have to contact their accounting department to have this done. I haven't heard of it being done any other way.
I honestly can’t recall as we booked and paid for back in March and the spring we fully paid.

Hi all,

I have been passing every suggestion onto my Mom as she is taking the reigns on this and some of you must be telepathically communicating with her because she had some of the same things ready to go.
It was not for the cabana rental at VB as that was done completely separate and had to be paid in full that day we booked it.
The only thing we got through a third party was the actual park and the HHN tickets. Everything else was through UOR. A TM was the one who explained the form to us. We made the reservations in March and we’re paid in full by the spring. We are also hoping something isn’t fishy and that it is miscommunication.
We do not blame the concierge as I’ve stated throughout this post. Miscommunication is clearly something a few others have experienced or commented on.
I will continue to answer you all and will give updates as they come in.
Thank you all for your help and concern so far! I’m hoping for a positive outcome.

BroadwayHermione5

Last edited:
Reactions: shh
Hi all,

I have been passing every suggestion onto my Mom as she is taking the reigns on this and some of you must be telepathically communicating with her because she had some of the same things ready to go.
It was not for the cabana rental at VB as that was done completely separate and had to be paid in full that day we booked it.
The only thing we got through a third party was the actual park and the HHN tickets. Everything else was through UOR. A TM was the one who explained the form to us. We made the reservations in March ANS we’re paid in full by the spring. We are also hoping something isn’t fishy and that it is miscommunication.
We do not blame the concierge as I’ve stated throughout this post. Miscommunication is clearly something a few others have experienced or commented on.
I will continue to answer you all and will give updates as they come in.
Thank you all for your help and concern so far! I’m hoping for a positive outcome.

BroadwayHermione5
Good luck 👍

I think that so very few people "pay in full" that the person who was checking you in could have misunderstood what you meant and thought that you were just asking if there was anything else you needed to pay at that point, such as resort fees, etc and just that everything was up to date.

We get the paid in full question here once every few years. I know it is very common at Disney but it is very rare at Universal for a few reasons. One main reason is that rates fluctuate a ton at Universal and it is a pain in the butt to be having that adjusted through the accounting department when you see that rates have gone down. A reservationist will change your rate and your account balance will be adjusted at that time.

Luckily, your credit card will show what you have paid and it is simple to prove.

The only other thing I can think of, is whether you accidently booked the Annual Pass rate and since you didn't show them an AP, they charged out the full rate? (at least I don't think you showed them one?)

ETA - sorry you had a crappy experience :( I hope the billing is just a huge miscommunication and you can get it all resolved quickly and to your satisfaction! My DH and I are planning on trying out RPR for the first time in May (at my insistence as he loves HRH) so I hope they have sorted out the cleaning before then!

The only other thing I can think of, is whether you accidently booked the Annual Pass rate and since you didn't show them an AP, they charged out the full rate? (at least I don't think you showed them one?)

ETA - sorry you had a crappy experience :( I hope the billing is just a huge miscommunication and you can get it all resolved quickly and to your satisfaction! My DH and I are planning on trying out RPR for the first time in May (at my insistence as he loves HRH) so I hope they have sorted out the cleaning before then!

I don't think the AP rates for September would have been out in March when they booked.

Ok I am thoroughly confused.

Is there something else that needs to be done in order to check into a USO hotel?

I have reservations there in the upcoming months (not RPR) and I plan to ask for a copy of the bill when I check out...
No nothing needs to be done. You can either have your itemized bill emailed or printed. We were just at Sapphire in July. No issues, there was a $500 hold ($100 X 5 nights). The hold was disclosed in my online check in.

As someone else said on here, it was definitely the perfect storm of chaos. I also hope you get a clean hotel.
And if I ever do go back, I am definitely trying HRH. Did some scrolling around the website after the experience we had and found it to fit my personality the most.

As someone else said on here, it was definitely the perfect storm of chaos. I also hope you get a clean hotel.
And if I ever do go back, I am definitely trying HRH. Did some scrolling around the website after the experience we had and found it to fit my personality the most.
I will say if you need the express pass then HRH is my first choice going forward - mostly because the walk to UO is so quick and easy.
I think it will be my first choice in future just for that reason - especially since they seem to close the boats at the first sign of rain and I dont want to deal with buses - I feel like by the time you walk to the buses you can walk most of the way back to your hotel.

I will say if you need the express pass then HRH is my first choice going forward - mostly because the walk to UO is so quick and easy.
I think it will be my first choice in future just for that reason - especially since they seem to close the boats at the first sign of rain and I dont want to deal with buses - I feel like by the time you walk to the buses you can walk most of the way back to your hotel.
This exactly! Granted the miscommunication over the buses did not help us (and who knows if we ever would’ve tried big fire had we waited), but it is in such a convenient location!

I had the same experience at Sapphire Falls in June. Trash stayed in the hallways for the four days we were there. Public trashcans overflowed. A bag with dirty diapers was in one of the trashcans for four days. I know COVID has taken a hit on staffing but trash? I have stayed several times pre-COVID and it wasn't this way. I am sorry this was your experience. Maybe give it another chance in a couple of years. When the resorts are 100% staffed, it's a wonderful stay.

I had the same experience at Sapphire Falls in June. Trash stayed in the hallways for the four days we were there. Public trashcans overflowed. A bag with dirty diapers was in one of the trashcans for four days. I know COVID has taken a hit on staffing but trash? I have stayed several times pre-COVID and it wasn't this way. I am sorry this was your experience. Maybe give it another chance in a couple of years. When the resorts are 100% staffed, it's a wonderful stay.
Just FYI - my recent stay as Sapphire was very good - and they were at 100% of capacity - whatever that 100% is

I was at portofino that same time. I won’t be going back. Too many issues, it seemed like work being there. I’ve always had good stays at RPR and only one bad experience at sapphire falls(out of 9 trips) which they fixed to my satisfaction. Good luck with your issue.

I was at portofino that same time. I won’t be going back. Too many issues, it seemed like work being there. I’ve always had good stays at RPR and only one bad experience at sapphire falls(out of 9 trips) which they fixed to my satisfaction. Good luck with your issue.
The “it seemed like work being there” is the best way to describe certain aspects of what we dealt with at RPR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter