Why wont disney let me prepay?

elismom

A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes
I have booked the Hoop dee-do and Breakfastosaurus for DS and I They said I cannot prepay because it is only the two of us.
I was hoping to pay now because I like to have as much as I can paid for before I go down and also I am from Canada and the rate is really good now.
Is there any way around this?
Shelley

How about Travellers Checks? You would probably have to pay a small comission on exchange, but it might still work out for the best if the exchange rate dropped. That would lock in the rate and you'd be pre-paid, but just holding on to the checks yourself until the time to pay...

I don't think WDW Dining is setup for prepay except for large groups and CRT. Funny they won't charge for the HDD since they take the CC information for it anyways. :confused:

Couldn't you just overpay your resort tab now and charge these meals back to your room? Don't know if WDW allows for that either.

Gee, I was a lot of help, wasn't I!?! :rolleyes:

I think I will do the traverllers check thing I never thought of that I and I didnt want to be carring around a lot of cash as I plan to use my visa for other things
Thanks I'm going to call the bank right now!

Now I have been thinking about this and the reason I wanted to pay today was because of the rate which could change by dec but I will call the resort and ask if I can pay extra over what my hotel bill is as I had planned to pay that off today also.

I just tried to overpay my resort yesterday and was told it couldn't be done. :( I too wanted to take advantage of the great exchange rate right now. Oh well, "they" ;) are predicting our Canadian dollar will go higher so let's keep our fingers crossed. :)

When our kids were little, we used to send extra, extra money to our resort reservation. Then when we got there, we had most everything already covered. The money was out of our hands and we had a great vacation...not worrying about running up credit cards while we were there.

How about buying some Disney Dollars now? They can be used at the Parks and the Resorts too.

I asked about over paying and they said no
Also I live in Canada and you can't buy disney dollars up here or that would be a great idea
I have made paper Disney dollars for my son to earn here and he will trade them in when we get there
Shelley

Can't buy Disney dollars in Canada. They are not available at our Disney stores. I agree with the travellers cheque idea though, or you could open a US funds bank account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter