Why would August 21st already be sold out for California Adventure?

MICKEYFIL

Mouseketeer
Planning my trip out for August. Tickets just became available and the 21st of August is already sold out for California Adventure. Is there something I should be aware of because no other day is sold out for either park from June 10th onwards except that day at California Adventure. Someone rent out the park?

That is a bit strange. It still shows available for PH, just unavailable for 1 park per day tickets. Maybe it's a glitch?

It won't matter for me because there is no way I would want to be at a park that is sold out this far ahead of time when you consider the possibility of park hopping as well. DL on the 21st it is.

If it's available for park hopping (after 1pm) but not for reservations is it possible it will be closed in the AM due to an event the night before?

Not sure if this is a factor but it's the last weekend of Magic Keys for those who bought on opening day. If Keyholders can't get a reservation on the last weekend they want to go, they're more likely to not renew so it's possible Disney is holding off on allowing reservations for the smaller park.

If it's available for park hopping (after 1pm) but not for reservations is it possible it will be closed in the AM due to an event the night before?
It's available to book as the STARTING park for people with parkhopper tickets as well as for people with either ticket type through the hotel "bucket". It only seems to be sold out for 1 park per day tickets so I don't think there is a closure...
I was wondering about a morning event like a big announcement?? Or a run?

Let’s get on the speculation bus. 😂
I did think about possibly the CHOC walk going back to in person- CHOC walk page still says info coming soon for 2022. But still can't figure out how that might affect just one ticket type unless they do plan limited admission capacity in the AM and chose to "short" that bucket. In the past the CHOC walk (or even runDisney events, when they had them out here... RIP....) have not affected park admission though (other than perhaps a slightly delayed opening time).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter