Why would you go to Disney World with a 9 year old?

My DD went the 1st time at 6 with my mother and I.
Her and I went again with a friend of mine and her daughter (they were both 9-great time with the characters also at this age!)
Together we went again at age 10(still into the characters), did a cruise/WDW.
We went with a women I work with and her son, both at age 12 then(not really into the characters dinners etc. but loved the rides& fireworks)
Now we are going again in April and she will be 15 and her friend is going with us will be 16 & both have asked to do 1 character meal with me!??? Go figure! :confused:
Me and two teens! Oh My!
I'm sure your Ds will LOVE WDW!!!! I'm 49 going on 4 and just love it! :D

I just HATE :mad: when people try to classify who should be going to WDW in age categories!!! I have heard from everyone since DD was 1, why are you taking her, nothing for her to do, and my favorite "SHE WON'T REMEBER IT" That is the most ignorant logic I have ever heard!!! If you apply that to your childs upbringing, just lock them in a closet until their 7, If they're not going to remember it, why bother with holidays, vacations, leaving the house, or hugs and kisses for that matter! BAH on them!
We ALL have enjoyed every trip we've made, and for the record, I DO think she remembers! HA! If all goes as planned a Disney Cruise is coming as well as this years trip to WDW for my DD4! :D :D :D

One of the cool things about Disney is that there's something for everyone. If you're not into the characters, you'll love something else.

We just returned from a long weekend with our 9 mo. old DS who LOVED the characters. I'm going to post a topic about it. It's actually his second trip-- we went when he was 2 months old too. I loved both of these trips and wouldn't have considered leaving him behind. The characters really seem to get a kick out of babies and it was just a blast to show him off! :)

Of course, we hear the same thing that everyone else does-- "Isn't he too young?" "Didn't you just go there 6 months ago??" :) We ignore them.

You're never too old for Disney. It's MAGIC!!!!

Enjoy your trip!

It sounds as if your boss just wants you to stay and work, not got to WDW. Either that or he is in need of professional help. Your 9 year old will truly love WDW with you! It will be one of those special memories throughout his life. You boss has hidden motives for being such a jerk, maybe he never got to go to WDW as a kid. Who knows? Bottom line-take your kid!!

but that is not too unusual. You'd be surprised how many people think that WDW is just like one of those little carnivals that come to the shopping centers. Come to think of it, though, 9 year olds and even teenagers love those too. Ask your boss what he really thinks goes on at WDW. There is something there for all ages.

Go and enjoy!! My daughter is going to be 12 and still enjoys everything about Disney, even the characters. Heck, so do I and I'm 34!!

OMG!

I took my FIRST trip when i was 9...and look at me! 15 and the most disney obsessed person in my family!(probably one of the most here on DIS...im a big one!)
like I went to Innoventions and the CM saw my email addy was WDWfanatic....... and started doing trivia I answered them like that(what does EPCOT stand for? HOw many bricks are in the castle? what was Cindys oringial name?0then he went to all the short cartoon questions b/c I dunno those...LOL

my bro is going to be 10 soon and has already said hes not doing Kid-cot(I am! :D) we stopped autograph books(can only do that for 5 years b4 it gets old)but he still loves disney...he cries everytime we leave

I have to agree w/ everybody here - I bet you DS will love WDW at 9 and beyond. WDW has something special for every age and every trip. He may not be wild about the characters and autographs but then again he might!! I know as a school teacher of 9 and 10 year olds any kid who has a trip coming up to WDW is envied by the class!!

Go and have fun and bring some pics back for your boss of your DS smiling away at WDW!!!!!

My Dd 14yrs old,after watching me light up and laugh and joke with Mickey,said"I guess you can be ANY age and have fun!!" BINGO!! Life Lesson Learned!!!

The real question is "why WOULDN'T you go to Disney with a nine yr.old???????"

I am in four weeks and can't wait!:D

I think Disney changes for different age groups. I think when the children are little they are fascinated with the charachters of their favorite movies, when they are a little older, I think they get fascinated with the rides. When they are teenagers I think they like hanging out, meeting other kids, doing some of the more daring rides, etc...

When they are adults, like us, they just like going, because it's a fun place to get away from it all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter