Why would you want to eat at Rainforest Cafe.

BobbyDukes

Mouseketeer
Can anyone help me out here?? Why do people like going to this restaurant? What do you like or dislike about this restaurant. I mean with all t he restaurants in Disney Springs why would you choose this particular one?

I assume because everyone likes something different and the ambiance can be novel there for folks who don't have access to a Rainforest Cafe at home. For me, I literally work a 3 minute walk from one here in San Antonio so I would never visit the one at WDW but that is because I don't need to. Plus the menu has a variety of items that caters to a wide range of tastes so easy to please a larger crowd of picky eaters I believe.

I guess if you don't have one close to you, it could be a fun place to try. I would never go to a Rainforest Café at WDW because we live right outside of San Antonio and could go there if we really wanted to. We did go to T-Rex once for my son who was 3 at the time and obsessed with Dinosaurs.

We've eaten at Rainforest both in Disney Spring and AK. We enjoy the food and the atmosphere there. We also enjoy many of the other options in the area. Living outside of the NYC area, we have plenty of upscale restaurants available to us and sometimes just going to a more casual place like RFC is a nice change of pace.

We don't eat at the one in DS - as you mention, IMHO, DS has better restaurants. We do like going to the one in AK on occasion, however. Like PP, we also have a Landry's Select Card, so it's super easy to simply walk up and have a pre-opening breakfast or a lunch on the way out of the park. On one of our trips over the summer, we were traveling with a young boy who was not interested in characters, but wanted a "themed" experience. He was also a bit of a picky eater, so Rainforest was perfect for him.

Absolutely no restaurant has gone from "absolute must do" to "absolute must not do" as our kids got older like Rainforest has. When younger they absolutely loved the setting, the animatronics, and the whole experience. Now as their taste buds have matured and they realize how crappy the food is, no interest at all.

We have eaten at the AK one and T-Rex at Springs because that was what the kid really wanted to do at the time. I might have chosen each one once over the years but she loved both so we have done them several times. She has more mature tastes now so we do other places but it served the purpose at the time

Can anyone help me out here?? Why do people like going to this restaurant? What do you like or dislike about this restaurant. I mean with all t he restaurants in Disney Springs why would you choose this particular one?
I can't tell you why other people like going to this restaurant. But I can tell you with all the restaurants in Disney Springs why would I choose this particular one:

Because it's a unique, fun experience.

I take it you don't like it. Have you tried it? Why did you go?

I won't be visiting the DisneySprings one, but do plan to eat at AK Rain Forest Cafe.
****My 5 yr old grandson will love it!!!
I have a Landry's card
I've been pre buying RF gift cards for this very trip

My review in allears.net from 2015 - worst service EVER, of any restaurant, on property or otherwise - will NEVER go back. This was the DAK location;
We dined here on 4/9/2015. We arrived-time for a 5:00p reservation for 9 people, including 4 adults, 4 kids and a toddler. We were seated n a reasonable amount of time as we were among the first round of dinner tables for the night. Service initially was pretty good. the waiter brought us our drinks and took orders in a timely manner. It was at that point that things went south. We asked if there were any crackers or bread we could give the toddler as she was getting hungry and cranky. We were told flatly, no, and given no options. The kids all ordered slushy drinks in special cups, and we were told they could have free refills. We later were told that the machine was broken, which was clearly a lie as other diners around us were being brought the same drinks. The food took 90 minutes to arrive at the table - far too long for hungry, tired kids, and a group expecting to make it to EPCOT for Illuminations (keep in mind, our reservation was for 5:00p). Once we got our food, the waiter was impossible to find. He finally arrived back at our table to take dessert orders, and told us that if we wanted a Volcano, it would count as dessert for the entire table (8 credits on the meal plan ?!?). We commented on the fact that we had been in the restaurant for now over 2 hours, and we needed to go, so he offered to box up our desserts "to go". This amounted to chocolate cake for the adults and pudding for the kids, in Styrofoam containers (!). The cake was fine, but the pudding was an impossible mess. One of our party wanted ice cream with the cake, which he gave us, also in Styrofoam container (wish I was making this up). We were not offered spoons or forks, and he re-ran the receipt to charge us an additional $0.79 for the ice cream. Can you imagine the mess?

AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!! Stick with the Disney run restaurants - you'll be much happier in the end.

Never ate at the one at Disney Springs but the one at AK is a must do every trip for us. We have been many, many times over the years & have never had a bad meal or bad service. Sometimes we are a party of two, sometimes a party of 6 or 9. Our grandkids are all late teens now but have been going to Rainforest since they were around 7--8 years old & they have never gotten tired of it. One of the first we book every trip.
We order a variety of different menu items but my favorite is the primal steak. They also have the best cheesecake & key lime pie.
A lot of people say they are everywhere but the closest to my home is a little over 400 miles & just happens to be at Disney World, lol.

I think most people go there for the unique ambiance, as others have said. There aren’t many locations nationwide. We go there at WDW each time along with Yak N Yeti in part because of the Landrys Club member access without reservations, the birthday $25 credits. Even though not the most gourmet food, sort of like an Applebee’s. But we aren’t picky eaters, and enjoyed the sampler platter. A ton of food like mozz sticks, egg rolls, crab dip, guacamole and chips, chicken fingers (good use of the free $25 landrys credit and big enough to feed 3). If you glance at https://allears.net/dining/menu/rainforest-cafe-downtown-disney/lunch-dinner/

can see the menu offerings.

We used to have a rfc in my local mall in CT. Way back it had really good food. It was our mini Disney fix and great to bring my nieces

now? I don’t know. DS has such great choices as does AK.
i would maybe go For nostalgia, but only if I had kids w me.

I've only been to the one in DAK once but I do have a local one that I use as a mini-Disney fix and I love taking the nieces and nephews to. But in all honesty... I don't know what type of crack is in the curry honey mustard that comes with the chicken strips appetizer but I can't get enough of it. Dip that and the chicken chimi cha-chas in there. Dip everything in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter