Wifi on the Fantasy?

KUnderwood

Earning My Ears
Hello! We are planning on booking the eastern Caribbean 7 day, but I wanted to get an idea of the wifi plan before we go since I have elderly parents/demanding work and need to be connected regularly :)

Does it work pretty decently while at sea?

We have verizon iphones, so I am hoping I can just stay connected at all times via the on ship wifi for text messaging on iMessage and emails. Is that doable? I'm assuming I'd have to get the largest package, the $90 one.

Thanks for the help, really appreciate it!

We recently did the eastern on the Fantasy as well. I got the 1 GB package ($90) to be able to keep in touch with home and work as well as post stuff on social media. I had my wifi on at all times we were on the ship and wound up using about 700 MB during the week using email, iMessage, and WhatsApp. I forwarded my phone to my Google Voice number so I could get transcribed versions of voicemails (iPhone visual voicemail does not work over wifi).

The speeds will vary, but fortunately they are counting MB now instead of time, so you aren't paying for dead air time.

Anything is doable for a price! You can by internet on the ship. Depending on how many KB you want up to a max amount. Verizon will wack you for data, calls, roaming and texts.

I found it very fast and no drop outs posted a lot of photos on live blogs.

Are talking about service recently on the Fantasy in the Caribbean?

We just did the eastern Caribbean, and found the wifi service quite good every day. Lots of email, some photos, a bit of surfing, even watched a YouTube video. Easy to use, great support from the wifi desk on the 4th deck, good interface for connecting and seeing how much of your plan you had used.

Are talking about service recently on the Fantasy in the Caribbean?

We just did the eastern Caribbean, and found the wifi service quite good every day. Lots of email, some photos, a bit of surfing, even watched a YouTube video. Easy to use, great support from the wifi desk on the 4th deck, good interface for connecting and seeing how much of your plan you had used.
Yes I found all ships have a good service, sometimes it's the cruisers device that causes the issues, the older the device the worst it us on getting on the wifi channels, Apple products seen to get on quickly.

I have to work all the time when I'm on vacation or a cruise. I own a technology consulting company so I need to be able to interact with clients and fix problems remotely when needed. I find the internet speed usually is very good on the Disney ships and I can remote into client machines with no problems. Connect to the wifi on the ship and use the wifi to download emails etc. Verizon will charge you 50 cents for sent texts and 5 cents for received texts . Verizon will charge $2.49 a minute to make or receive calls. Check link below and scroll to bottom of the page to see their cruise ship rates. Also give them a call if you have any specific questions and they will tell you exactly what and how to turn off updates on the phone that will eat up your data plan onboard.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/landingpages/global-roaming/?tab=plans

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter