• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wild Africa Trek

delaneyc52

First trip 1971...
Hi all! I see that there is a "special" $50 discount being offered on the Wild Africa Treck in AK. We're thinking about doing this on our next trip. I've read the allears review which was pretty good, but I was looking to see if any of you had any opinions as to whether this is worth doing or not.

I've done it and it was probably the most worthwhile thing I have ever done at Disney.

However, note the discount is for the tours later in the day (after 11:00 or something), it will be hotter than doing it in the morning and the animals will be less active. Its probably still worthwhile, but we did ours before park opening time and getting to go to the check in area in an empty park was something that added to how special it felt to us.

I've done it and it was probably the most worthwhile thing I have ever done at Disney.

However, note the discount is for the tours later in the day (after 11:00 or something), it will be hotter than doing it in the morning and the animals will be less active. Its probably still worthwhile, but we did ours before park opening time and getting to go to the check in area in an empty park was something that added to how special it felt to us.

Thanks! And yes...I did think about the late day tours also. We've been to WDW so many times that we are looking for things to do to make it exciting again. I think we'll do this but agree with you and will probably take your advice to do the full pay and go in the morning. AK is such a beautiful park in the early hours!

PS Love your picture!!!

My oldest son and I did it last summer and it was great. Definitely worth it, even without a discount. Our next trip we are doing it again and bringing my wife and the kids that were too young last time. I'd choose to do it in the morning.

I've done it twice and had a great time both times. the first time solo and the 2nd time with my husband and son.

My 17 year old and husband loved it. We did the 11:45am one to take advantage of the 50.00 per person discount. It was very hot and I sweated like crazy so I looked like I went on a strenuous trek. The animals were still out and active. I think it helped that it was overcast.

Our CD with the pictures just arrived today so I need to check it out.

I've done it twice and had a great time both times. the first time solo and the 2nd time with my husband and son.

My 17 year old and husband loved it. We did the 11:45am one to take advantage of the 50.00 per person discount. It was very hot and I sweated like crazy so I looked like I went on a strenuous trek. The animals were still out and active. I think it helped that it was overcast.

Our CD with the pictures just arrived today so I need to check it out.

My luck it won't be overcast !!! Please consider sharing some of your pictures!!

My oldest son and I did it last summer and it was great. Definitely worth it, even without a discount. Our next trip we are doing it again and bringing my wife and the kids that were too young last time. I'd choose to do it in the morning.

:thumbsup2 Yep...morning is sounding better and better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter