Wild Africa Trek

AMusicLifeForMe

DIS Veteran
I am considering booking the Wild Afica Trek at Disney's Animal Kingdom for my next vacation. I am asking for those who have done it, is it worth it? Is there a lot of difference between the Wild Africa Trek and the normal Kilimanjaro Safari ride? The only difference I can really see on the website is going on the rope bridges and eating on the savanna. Other than that, it just seems the trek will be just like the normal safari. Any tips or information would be great.

DW and I have done it twice, once 2 years ago and in May 2016. We feel it is well worth the price !!! you get to see some animals close up , the truck sometimes stops for extended time for photo taking, the food is good even though it is a little exotic, and you get lots of pictures taken by the "guides". We really enjoyed it both times we've done it and we even had the same guides both times. Enjoy :)

Well worth the price, IMO.
WAYY better than the safari ride. We did it in 2012 on our honeymoon and it was the highlight of our trip! The food was the best bite my husband and I had on property. Close ups with the animals are great. Lots of time for pictures with the animals. The rope bridges are great, but that is certainly not the only highlight of the trek. A personal photographer follows you around and you get a photopass of your trek group.

I am considering booking the Wild Afica Trek at Disney's Animal Kingdom for my next vacation. I am asking for those who have done it, is it worth it? Is there a lot of difference between the Wild Africa Trek and the normal Kilimanjaro Safari ride? The only difference I can really see on the website is going on the rope bridges and eating on the savanna. Other than that, it just seems the trek will be just like the normal safari. Any tips or information would be great.

Huge difference. You will be in a completely different off-road vehicle that will take you closer to the animals on the safari and trekking behind/along a few of the exhibits (crocodiles and hippos come to mind). Very informative and fun.

I have done the Wild Africa Trek twice. The first with just my parents and the second with the rest of my family. We loved it! It is worth every penny! Tbhe tour guides go way more in depth with information about the animals and allow much more time to stop and take picutres during the truck ride. It is so worth it!

Just did this for the first time June 11th. We had a blast! The guides were amazing and really knew their stuff. They were patient and answered all of our questions. We loved getting up close with the hippos and watching the hippos eat. The bridge was an adventure and the crocodiles were very interesting. The private safari was great. Our truck went off the road so we could stop and take pictures and learn a little more. The food was delicious (some of the best food I've had at Disney). I give it 5 stars and my 12 year old daughter gave it two thumbs up. It was the highlight of our trip.

I did it last month with 2 friends. Awesome! I was a little nervous because the website said physical stamina required but it was fine.

They download 199 pictures, including us, 8 others on the tour, animals. When I stripped out the other people, there were 109 pictures. Plus some library shots.

There are also discounts for AP, DVC, and CMs, usually on the tours after 11:30. We did 12:30, on a hot day, but it was ok.

I LOVED it. I want to do it for a long time, and I am so happy to finally have experienced it. I would consider doing it again.

I'm trying to decide if we do AK for a full day and this the next morning, or can I fit it into the same day as we do the rest of the park? At the moment it's scheduled to close at 7.30pm the day we are there. We haven't been before so want to do everything we can there.

We did it in 2014 and it was wonderful. A world apart from KS. You spend a fair amount of time walking in "backstage" nature areas, behind the enclosures, getting to see the animals closer up than you do from KS. You get more time to look at the animals. I remember giraffes walking right by our truck. Also, unlike KS, there are no loudspeakers. We were settled in for a few minutes, watching some big cats, & also witnessed KS truck after KS truck with their loudspeakers quickly rolling by. My SO said, "I'm so glad we're not on that." It also includes a lovely meal at a pavillion, where you can see the savanna stretching out in front of you. We loved it.

DH has done it twice, and DS and I joined him once. As the others have said, it was wonderful and well worth the cost. We totally enjoyed our time

same here. my wife and i did it and it was worth it. my wife and daughter are doing it next time we go since she is old enough now.

Oh man you guys are killin' me!!!

Me, DW, DD(8) and DS(2) will be at DW in Dec.

We were considering this for one parent and DD(8) but quickly dismissed it because of the price.

DD LOVES all things animal related. AK is her favorite of the 4 parks.

We have been to the Museum of Natural History, Bronx Zoo, Central Park Zoo, Aquarium in Myrtle Beach and many other smaller zoos/aquariums/game farms. This year her birthday party was at the local aquarium here on Long Island. She had an absolute blast at all of them.

Now I'm having second thoughts and considering booking it. We'll be ther in Dec. so I expect the price will be at the higher end of the spectrum. So I'm figuring around $500 for 2 people.

Did any of you have buyers remorse due to the price?

>>>EDIT<<<
Who am I kidding? I just re-read my own post. I think I talked myself back into it! Looks like Daddy's gonna be looking to pick up an overtime shift at work this summer.

I noticed that Wild Africa Trek is only available until the end of September. I am visiting the week before Christmas and there was no booking available at my 180 day mark. Hope they are not closing this or replacing with something else. How far in advance is this usually bookable?

They had an afternoon discount during the spring/summer, $149. Then there are DVC and Cast member discounts to make it even cheaper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter