Wild Arctic to get Polar Express Overlay

Jason71

Brother to pirates and corsairs...
This has been rumored for a while (especially once the ride shut down a couple weeks ago), Sentinel confirmed today:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...-polar2007nov20,0,5017904.story?coll=orl_mezz

In a nutshell, they are replacing the movie for the month of December--rather than a helicopter ride on "White Thunder," you'll take the Polar Express train to the North Pole. Once you arrive, Santa Claus will be doing meet-and-greets by the polar bears and walruses. :santa:

Wow! How cool is that? I wish that I was going to be at SW in December. :confused3 I won't be there again until March. To late for a ride on the Polar Express. Oh well, maybe next year.

I saw this today. They did A LOT of themeing. They added quite a few details all over the attraction.

I cant wait to see this, i will be there next week! ill make sure to take lots of pictures and post them :)

We just returned an hour or so ago. :wizard:
This was the first time for us at SW, so we don't know what the area use to look like. We also have never seen Polar Express.

There are two lines: one for walk through; one that includes riding the train.

We took the train line. The wait was listed at 30 minutes. It seemed longer. Too long really. I was about ready to call it quits even half way through. I am sure it was way longer than 30 minutes.

The train ride is not much really. If you have kids they may like it. I think DH liked it more than I. It was a motion ride similar to Star Tours. Not as bumpy and jerky.

Guests then exit the train, and then the best part starts anyway, IMO.

And Santa is there for the kids too. (Again, stand in line.) I did not see kids sitting on Santa's lap. But he was kneeling at their level and talking to them. And a photographer snaps a photo guests can buy later.

Wild Artic has two lines. One is the non-movement side the other is the ride simulator. The Polar Express overlay uses both sides. There is not a "walk-thru". The non-movement side was very well themed to match the movie. Once you leave either the ride or the non-movement show you are directed through a Christmas themed hallway, ie train station to your destination at the North Pole. The Northern lights are there as well as Santa and his sleigh and bag of toys (again themed after the movie). When we were there yesterday there was a short line for a picture with Santa. The line was headed by an Elf who spoke with all the children/families waiting. They have a photographer to take a picture or you can take your own. You can also view several "polar" animals.

A 30 minute line on a Holiday weekend is not that bad in my opinion. But I would suggest trying to get to the attraction before a Shamu show lets out as most people leave the stadium and head to Wild Artic and lines can get quite long right after a Shamu show.:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter