Wild Arctic

jeni16

DIS Veteran
What can you tell me about Wild Arctic? It says it's a ride but it also sounds like you get to see some Arctic animals.

Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.

Wild Artic is a simulator ride. You can choose either by foot (non motion) or by air(motion) and ride the ride. When you get off the ride you go into the wild artic animals exhibit. They have Belugas,Polar Bears and Walruses on display.You can see the animals from a top view or from a underwater view.

I would add that the simulator is meant to be a helicopter flight to the arctic. Once you "arrive," you enter an arctic base camp of a scientific expedition where you meet the animals. Some of the attractions is "outdoors" with simulated sky and ice (the ice bank when you first enter is real), some of the exhibit is within the remains of a sunken ship frozen in the ice, and some of it is in the research camp itself. It's one of my favorite attractions at Sea World.

Can't wait to check it out! We went to Sea World last year but, it started downpouring at 2:00 in the afternoon & didn't stop so we missed most of the exhibits. We saw Believe, Blue Horizons & the Seamore show but that was about it.

Wild Arctic is completely indoors. Any "outdoor" portions are simulated like the interior of Pirates of the Caribbean or Mexico at Epcot. Don't let rain stop you from visiting this time because Wild Arctic is one of the best animal exhibits at the park (besides being a fun ride), and it's a great place to escape the rain. Although I suspect lots of other people will have the same idea, I'd rather be waiting in a crowd out of the rain to visit Wild Arctic if the alternative is leaving.

Wild Arctic is completely indoors. Any "outdoor" portions are simulated like the interior of Pirates of the Caribbean or Mexico at Epcot. Don't let rain stop you from visiting this time because Wild Arctic is one of the best animal exhibits at the park (besides being a fun ride), and it's a great place to escape the rain. Although I suspect lots of other people will have the same idea, I'd rather be waiting in a crowd out of the rain to visit Wild Arctic if the alternative is leaving.

I didn't want the rain to stop us last time either :(, except it was coming down in buckets. The walkways were flooded & the lights even went out for about 10-15 minutes. We hung out in the shops for while but, it just didn't want to let up at all. We were totally drenched from head to toe. Not your typical Florida rain shower. It continued to rain/storm for the rest of the day into the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter