wild artic

It's where you travel to the arctic!

You can go in two ways:

1. By Foot - never done this, but it doesn't involve any motion AFAIK (my Mum takes this option).

2. By Helicopter - actually a flight sim.

Either way, you end up in the same place: you get to see polar bears and other cool arctic animals. It's good :)

The flight simulator is much, much better if you can manage to be in the first row of seats (in the staging area, you stand on lines of dots, like bases... the first row is the line to the far left). The screen is not that big if you're used to IMAX, Soarin, etc. The seats rock and bump around as the flight movie (flying around the Arctic on expedition) shows. It's fine for all ages, but kids who are too small to fit the seat belts can't ride.

The Wild Arctic exhibits, which you go to after the ride or, if you don't ride, you walk to this area, include a polar bear tank and a beluga tank. It was quite cool to watch from both under water (glass window) and above water.

Northstar said:
The Wild Arctic exhibits, which you go to after the ride or, if you don't ride, you walk to this area, include a polar bear tank and a beluga tank. It was quite cool to watch from both under water (glass window) and above water.

and don't forget the walrus'.

Wild Arctic is DD9's favorite thing at SW, a must do every time. I get nauseous on it, so now I walk through the staging area with her, and then she goes on the ride herself. I wait on the other side for her to come out! She did it twice this past week. She's a hoot, she loves talking to the people in line, and usually comes out the other side with a new "friend"!!!

I am not a big fan of simulators and after going on it loads of times by now I usually just walk through I love seeing the Polar Bears they are amazing! :yay:

Wild artic is gr8!!! The polar bears are sooo cute, and if u need a short break from the busy crouds then watching the baluga whales swimming is a nice way to chill out for a min or 2 (you will just have to wait a while for the croud of people that were on the simulator with you to move on to the next exhibit) But i would def advise going into wild artic...its good fun!! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter