Wilderness Cabins - Recommended Loops? Any under refurb?

kverdon

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

We are headed to WDW at the end of the month and part of our stay will be at the Ft. Wilderness cabins. We are getting ready to put our room cabin requests in next week so are looking for recommendations for a good loop, preferably quiet and close to a comfort station for laundry. Any ideas? Are any of the loops currently closed for rennovation?

Thanks,

Kevin and Mona

Hi all,

We are headed to WDW at the end of the month and part of our stay will be at the Ft. Wilderness cabins. We are getting ready to put our room cabin requests in next week so are looking for recommendations for a good loop, preferably quiet and close to a comfort station for laundry. Any ideas? Are any of the loops currently closed for rennovation?

Thanks,

Kevin and Mona
There aren’t any comfort stations in the cabin loops themselves. There is one by the cabin pool, so requesting near the pool would work. There is one in the regular camping loop 1100, and I stayed in cabin loop 2200, which was fairly close but across a main road. There used to be a cabin loop 2100 right next to loop 1100, but they converted it to a camper loop a few years ago.

If it were me, I would request to be near the cabin pool or request to be close to a comfort station.

Hi all,

Thanks,

Kevin and Mona
If you think of it when you return from your trip, would you mind posting what loop you went with and if you would recommend it or not?

Please update us upon your return! We're staying in the cabins in May and I'm curious if they've started renovating them yet.

Thought I’d pop back and answer my own question. We are staying in Cabin 2621 in the 2600 loop. For a quiet location it is perfect. There are no cabins directly behind us and very little noise. The loop has a pool and laundry directly across trim the loop entrance. This is it one of the renovated cabins.

Few downsides:

The light over the stove did not work at chechin.
The sofa bed (where we prefer to sleep) was broken and the end would not stay up.
Though housekeeping had visited the rooom, the garbage and recycling were not emptied.

All these were eventually fixed and we are enjoying the cabin except for the Magic Kingdom early entry access. The boats do not run until one hour before park opening and that is way too late. We took the first boat and found ourselves behind thousands of people in the early entry line. We were almost back to the central hub.

All these were eventually fixed and we are enjoying the cabin except for the Magic Kingdom early entry access. The boats do not run until one hour before park opening and that is way too late. We took the first boat and found ourselves behind thousands of people in the early entry line. We were almost back to the central hub.

Not sure what you mean by this.

For example a:

- Scheduled 9am opening
- With an 830am Early Entry for resort guests means
- the MK Turnstyles open about 8am +/- 10 minutes so
- the first FW boat docks to pick up guests about 720am and
- leaves and gets to MK dock 13 minutes later after push-back (consistently).

There are also buses that run from the Settlement Bus Depot. They leave about the same times the boats do. Why not take a bus?

Our experience was this (according to the timetable above):

- Catch the first boat into the FW dock.

- Ride over to MK.

- Enter the turnstyles about 755am and line up for Early Entry.

- Looking backwards, the late arrivers were back almost to the hub.

Guess you didn't make the 720 am boat after all.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

Well we were not on the 7:20 boat as we did not know there was a 7:20 boat. We called the front desk and was told the boats started running one hour before park opening. We got down to the boat dock at about 7:30 in case they meant “open to resort quests” to find a moderate line of folks waiting. The next boat did not come until about 8am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter