• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wilderness Lodge 2 Bedroom Villa

ElizabethH

Earning My Ears
I see that it says they sleep 8...We are a group of 9...4 adults, 9yr old, 5 yr old, 4 yr old, 4 yr old and a 1 yr old. Can we book at WL or are we going to have to do a Grand Villa somewhere else? Thanks.

The first child under the age of three does not count towards occupancy.

Thank you! I asked on David's Retal site and they have told me 2 times now that the max is 8 and one time told me we would have to do a room that would at least sleep 9?? I guess I just won't use them and will rent from someone here.

You can, but you might not want to. Our experience in a 2BR at VWL was that the four of us were perfectly comfortable. It seemed that six might be tight. Eight would be hard to imagine. The common area space is quite small---one couch, one easy chair, two bar stools, and two kitchen chairs.

I'd recommend a resort with larger common areas for a party that large. For example, at OKW we thought six would be perfectly comfortable, and eight would be tight but doable. AKV-Kidani might be a good choice too---I think those rooms might be a decent size, and the third bath might come in handy.

You can, but you might not want to. Our experience in a 2BR at VWL was that the four of us were perfectly comfortable. It seemed that six might be tight. Eight would be hard to imagine. The common area space is quite small---one couch, one easy chair, two bar stools, and two kitchen chairs.

I'd recommend a resort with larger common areas for a party that large. For example, at OKW we thought six would be perfectly comfortable, and eight would be tight but doable. AKV-Kidani might be a good choice too---I think those rooms might be a decent size, and the third bath might come in handy.

We are going after we get back from a disney cruise and will arrive May 24 and leave May 26...do you think we could make do for that short amount of time. We will really be spending all that time a Magic Kingdom. What kind of transportation does AKV have to MK and how long does it usually take? AKV is actually our second choice.

We are going after we get back from a disney cruise and will arrive May 24 and leave May 26...do you think we could make do for that short amount of time. We will really be spending all that time a Magic Kingdom. What kind of transportation does AKV have to MK and how long does it usually take? AKV is actually our second choice.

Here is a slide show of a 1 bedroom at VWL. The living room and kitchen will be your common area. The door to the studio is the second bedroom.

http://www.dvcwishes.com/resorts/vwl/vwl_one_bed.htm

:earsboy: Bill

OP, we stayed with 8 in a 2 bedroom at VWL in May and it was fine. 4 adults 4 young children. I can't see adding an infant being that big of a deal. We also stayed in a 2 bedroom at Kidani with 4 adults and 2 children and it will have more room and one more bathroom. Transportation to MK is via bus only but I found their bus service to be superior to any other resort bus service (and I hate the buses, prefer to drive my own car). WL bus service to MK is usually quicker than using the boat and about half of their boats will require any strollers being used to be folded as well if that is an issue. Hope this helps some!

If you can get one, the dedicated 2 bedrooms have a huge area outside the bathroom, adjacent to the vanity area where the entrance would be that is perfect for the pack and play. It was like a bedroom for our littlest grandaughter when we were there and she was 1.

I see that it says they sleep 8...We are a group of 9...4 adults, 9yr old, 5 yr old, 4 yr old, 4 yr old and a 1 yr old. Can we book at WL or are we going to have to do a Grand Villa somewhere else? Thanks.

We own at both VWL and AKL. Definitely go for the dedicated 2-bedroom at either place - they have two queens in the 2nd bedroom as opposed to a queen and a pullout. Kidani has both a queen pullout and a twin pullout in the living room area. It also seemed to me that the Kidani rooms were bigger than VWL plus Kidani has 3 bathrooms. However, VWL does have better (and shorter) transportation to MK. VWL is also a smaller resort with shorter walk times to the bus stop / boat dock. If you get stuck in one of the far recesses of Kidani, it can be a very loooong walk.

Yes, specify you want a dedicated 2BR. It will say so on the reservation confirmation.

You will definitely have enough room. We stayed in a 2BR with me, dh, 2 teenage girls and 3 older teenage boys. We had plenty of room. You have little ones. There is a pack-n-play in the closet.

We stayed at BCV in April with 9 in the room - 4 adults and 5 kids. We had a dedicated 2 bedroom and it was fine. We added all 9 to the reservation and there wasn't a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter