• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wilderness Lodge Buses

MimiOfTwo

Mouseketeer
Thinking of booking a 2019 trip at Wilderness Lodge. Doing some research it seems their bus service is lacking. I know some of the things I read was from a year ago or longer. Anyone with insight on recent bus service there?

The Wilderness Lodge buses are no better nor no worse than any other resort. They are not lacking. It is mass transit. Sometimes y ou hit it exactly right and sometimes you just miss a bus
You can have a good experience at every resort. You can have a bad experience at every resort.
We set our expectations accordingly. We allow enough time to get from place to place
If we are in a hurry for some reason, we will take alternative transportation such as a taxi or Uber.

Thinking of booking a 2019 trip at Wilderness Lodge. Doing some research it seems their bus service is lacking. I know some of the things I read was from a year ago or longer. Anyone with insight on recent bus service there?
Wilderness Lodge shares buses with other resorts, which is what makes it take a bit longer. Resorts with exclusive bus service generally have more efficient bus service. The bus service wasn't bad when we stayed at Wilderness Lodge several years ago, but it wasn't quick, either.

The Wilderness Lodge buses are no better nor no worse than any other resort. They are not lacking. It is mass transit. Sometimes y ou hit it exactly right and sometimes you just miss a bus
You can have a good experience at every resort. You can have a bad experience at every resort.
We set our expectations accordingly. We allow enough time to get from place to place
If we are in a hurry for some reason, we will take alternative transportation such as a taxi or Uber.
Perfectly stated.

We’ve never had a major issue there with buses. When needed we used Lyft which picks you up right outside the lobby. I think all of our Lyft rides were under $10 including tip. If relying solely on buses just leave enough time getting to ADRs and such. Buses run about 20 minutes or so apart, but there is also lots of construction currently underway.

I agree. I have stayed at WL several times. I've also stayed at most of the Deluxe's. Not one was better or worse from the others as far as buses go. Once at the Poly, we waited over an hour for a AK bus. We barely made our ADR. I would not base my resort choice solely on other's bus reviews.

Lacking is such a relative term. If someone feels that the buses should run every 15 min and they run every 25 they will feel it's lacking where as someone who thinks they run every 40 min loves the fact that they run every 25min.

Wilderness Lodge shares buses with other resorts, which is what makes it take a bit longer. Resorts with exclusive bus service generally have more efficient bus service. The bus service wasn't bad when we stayed at Wilderness Lodge several years ago, but it wasn't quick, either.

That may depend on the route it is running as to what stops it makes in a certain order too. I know when we have taken the bus from Epcot to Fort Wilderness at the end of the night it stops at the WL first and then continues to FW.

But that seems to be the only park that FW shares a bus with anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter