Wilderness lodge Club level bunk beds

Gbeards07

Earning My Ears
Hello all,
I currently have a courtyard view bunk bed room reserved at Wilderness lodge. I was looking at possibly upgrading to club level. I really want a room with a bunk bed for the kids but it does not appear I can get it guaranteed in the club level like I can with the courtyard view. Is this true? If so I’m not sure I want to chance not having the bunk bed if I book club level. Any insight on this would be great! Thanks in advance!

We had the same situation last August. I ended up booking the club level, even though we wouldn't be guaranteed bunk beds, and just phoned in a request for bunk beds. We DID get a room with bunk beds (room 7059) but there is no way to guarantee.

I guess I will have to decide if I want to gamble that I get one if I choose club level. Thank you for your insight!

I guess I will have to decide if I want to gamble that I get one if I choose club level. Thank you for your insight!

FWIW, I'm a big WL CL fan. I think they did a great job with the new lounge, it's super cozy and a wonderful space. CL offerings tend to morph and evolve over time, but among the CLs I've been to in the past year, I'd rate the food/beverage offerings at WL among the best, if not the best in my travels. Personally, I'd be OK with the bunk bed gamble when it comes to this CL.

FWIW, I'm a big WL CL fan. I think they did a great job with the new lounge, it's super cozy and a wonderful space. CL offerings tend to morph and evolve over time, but among the CLs I've been to in the past year, I'd rate the food/beverage offerings at WL among the best, if not the best in my travels. Personally, I'd be OK with the bunk bed gamble when it comes to this CL.
I agree. WL CL was an incredible experience. I don't know the specific circumstances why OP wants/needs bunk beds, but in my case I was travelling with my two teen sons (ages 15 and 17 at the time.) Obviously they'd PREFER to have the separate beds that bunk beds would provide, but I also knew they'd love having the easy access to soda/snacks in the lounge :)
So I left it up to them--did they want to chance that they might have to share a queen bed, but have the guarantee of the lounge amenities, or would they rather have less access to snacks but guaranteed separate beds. They chose to risk having to share the bed. :)

:thumbsup2

Well I took the plunge and booked the club level with the bunk bed request! Thanks for the insight guys.

I don't think you'll regret it. While the bunk beds are nice, WL CL is amazing! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

As others have said, you can put in a request for bunk beds. When we stayed WL CL, we requested them and got them! I'd certainly take the gamble. WL CL is our favorite! :cloud9:

We stayed WL CL this past summer at the tail end of our trip. We also requested bunk beds. A CL CM called us about a week before our check in to, among other things, go over our bunk bed request. If I recall correctly, he said there were only 2 bunk bed rooms left on the club floor after the DVC takeover. He gave me the option of having BBs on a lower floor and maintaining CL access or taking whatever room they had available. We prefer being on the same floor as the lounge and told him BBs weren't a deal breaker. So you may get the same option.

However, we did end up with a BB room on the club floor.

I'll slightly disagree with GADisneyDad on the quality of the food (although that guy is the expert on Disney CL's, so consider that). Some presentations were better than others. Breakfast was the weakest link as compared with GF SL; ditto the apps. But WL won with afternoon snacks and desserts (although you'll ask yourself how in the name of all things holy they can serve such a delicious cobbler without any ice-cream in sight!). Even so, the atmosphere at WL is our favorite and, as evidenced by the call we received from the CM pre-check in, their service is top notch. Again, by comparison, no one at GF called us ahead of time.

Hope that add'l info is helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter