Wilderness lodge/copper creek possibly open at end of year? Any luck?

MFG

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! We have a Disney trip scheduled December 30-January 6. Our room is currently at the wilderness lodge, courtyard view. There are 4 (2 adults 2 kids) and one still naps so a larger room would be helpful. My preference (in order) would be either a deluxe room on the concierge, or a studio, or a One bedroom. None of those rooms are currently available and I’m happy we’re at least there. :) wondering if anyone has any thoughts around the odds of one of those rooms opening up? We’re using a travel agent but thought I’d ask the experts here too! Should I just check availability daily? Any other tips?

We’ve stayed here before in March and are so very excited to experience it around the holidays! We’re doing Poly around the 4th but for Christmas the lodge seems just perfect. Really hoping they keep the decorations up at least a few days into January.

Thanks for any help! I’m so excited for a summertime Poly and wintertime Lodge adventure. Have a wonderful Sunday and Mother’s Day. :)

Hi everyone! We have a Disney trip scheduled December 30-January 6. Our room is currently at the wilderness lodge, courtyard view. There are 4 (2 adults 2 kids) and one still naps so a larger room would be helpful. My preference (in order) would be either a deluxe room on the concierge, or a studio, or a One bedroom. None of those rooms are currently available and I’m happy we’re at least there. :) wondering if anyone has any thoughts around the odds of one of those rooms opening up? We’re using a travel agent but thought I’d ask the experts here too! Should I just check availability daily? Any other tips?

We’ve stayed here before in March and are so very excited to experience it around the holidays! We’re doing Poly around the 4th but for Christmas the lodge seems just perfect. Really hoping they keep the decorations up at least a few days into January.

Thanks for any help! I’m so excited for a summertime Poly and wintertime Lodge adventure. Have a wonderful Sunday and Mother’s Day. :)
I meant club level haha

That's a really busy time of year, and Wilderness Lodge is particularly popular at that time of year. I wouldn't expect a Copper Creek room to open up. DVC people with Copper Creek as a home resort could start booking it in January. Disney (as opposed to DVC members) only owns a small percentage of Copper Creek, so you normally wouldn't see a large number of Copper Creek rooms available for cash resies at any time of year.

Also, when comparing a Wilderness Lodge hotel room to a Copper Creek studio, I would think you would have less space in a Copper Creek studio. In a studio, some of the space is taken up by the kitchenette. Also, the studio only has one bed; would the kids be sharing the sofa bed? If you pull that out for someone to nap on, that eats up the square footage even more.

Also note that some Copper Creek studios have walk-in showers, not bathtubs. I don't know if you need a bathtub for your kids.

A one-bedroom would give you more space, if one were available. But for the last week in December, a 1-bedroom would run you $1,160 per night plus tax.

Reactions: MFG
I would just have your travel agent ask and leave it at that. Not much chance for a change that time of year. Your "hotel room" will probably be bigger than the Copper Creek side.

It doesn't hurt to ask about other options, but I agree with you, just be happy to be there during the holidays!

And p.s. We just stayed Beach Club in a studio (1 queen, 1 pull out couch and a pull down bed from the wall). It was tight but totally manageable. We have 2 adults and 2 kids (under 10).

That's a really busy time of year, and Wilderness Lodge is particularly popular at that time of year. I wouldn't expect a Copper Creek room to open up. DVC people with Copper Creek as a home resort could start booking it in January. Disney (as opposed to DVC members) only owns a small percentage of Copper Creek, so you normally wouldn't see a large number of Copper Creek rooms available for cash resies at any time of year.

Also, when comparing a Wilderness Lodge hotel room to a Copper Creek studio, I would think you would have less space in a Copper Creek studio. In a studio, some of the space is taken up by the kitchenette. Also, the studio only has one bed; would the kids be sharing the sofa bed? If you pull that out for someone to nap on, that eats up the square footage even more.

Also note that some Copper Creek studios have walk-in showers, not bathtubs. I don't know if you need a bathtub for your kids.

A one-bedroom would give you more space, if one were available. But for the last week in December, a 1-bedroom would run you $1,160 per night plus tax.
Kids would be sharing a sofa bed, they’re young enough to still find them super exciting :)

I would just have your travel agent ask and leave it at that. Not much chance for a change that time of year. Your "hotel room" will probably be bigger than the Copper Creek side.

It doesn't hurt to ask about other options, but I agree with you, just be happy to be there during the holidays!
Exactly, we’re thrilled to get to see that huge tree in person no matter what the room looks like! Best case a room opens. Worst case half the family wanders the resort during nap time. Either way it’s a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter