• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wilderness Lodge Dedicated Two Bedroom Floorplan?

I looked, but I couldn't find a picture of a floorplan for the dedicated (not lock off) two bedroom for VWL. Does anyone have a link to a photo?

Also, does the door from the main living area to the studio of the dedicated lock?

Do you prefer the dedicated or the lockoff, and why. Does anybody know where the dedicated rooms are located vs. the lockoffs?

We've got an upcoming vacation in the dedicated, and my husband just asked me all these questions.

Right now I'm looking like Britney Spears at the VMA: aka a deer in the headlights because I have NO idea what the answers are!

THanks in advance, everyone.

Not all of the VWL dedicated two bedrooms are the same. I know that the ones around the open hallway are different than the one we had down a hall on the 4th floor.

I have always preferred a dedicated 2 bedroom at VWL because they have 2 Q's in the second bedroom and that has worked best for the group that we have.

Bobbi:goodvibes

So the master bedroom still has the one big king, but the studio part has two queens instead of a queen/sofa bed?

I don't know why I'm so confused. It's the itinerary for 16 people; it's killin' me...

What has happened is that one set of family members has dropped out, another set has come in, and this morning they dropped the bomb on us that they'd like to bring two additional (unmarried of opposite sex) people to stay in the room and we're scrambling because we don't really want our 8 & 9 year old to share a room with them...

Never again will I try to organize something this large.

So the master bedroom still has the one big king, but the studio part has two queens instead of a queen/sofa bed?

I don't know why I'm so confused. It's the itinerary for 16 people; it's killin' me...

Yes, if you have a dedicated 2 bedroom at VWL, that is what you will have. Another thing, we have only had one dedicated 2 bedroom at VWL so far, another one is coming up in October, there was no balcony from the master bedroom! Maybe this is always the case.

PS. I hope you enjoy your huge gathering. Don't let it take too much out of you. You'll deserve a vacation after the vacation! Take a few days afterward to relax on your own!!!

If you go to this thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=593585&referrerid=&highlight=Floor+plans+VWL

post #3, gives you the link to the placement of the villas at VWL. So, you can see where the dedicated ones are.

PS. And you can see some of the odd shaped rooms! I visited one of the huge dedicated ones that are on the open hallway...close to elevators, I think it would be nice to have one of them, but maybe they are noisy, because of traffic flow.

That was a good link, thank you!

I think we have the "extra" family members staying at the hotel part, now, anyway. That works.

It'll be neat to see what kind of a 2 bdrm we get. We have one set of friends staying in a studio and another set in a one bedroom, we've requested to be placed near each other (at this point I'm thinking, what was I thinking?!), so it's neat to sort of look at the layout of the building going, well, we could be here, and they'd be there...

It's going to be fun, no matter what, I think! Just from now on smaller...

We stayed in a dedicated 2 bedroom at VWL in Feb and were surprised at how much space there was in the second bedroom's sink/closet area. Nice spot for an aero bed. ;)

We definately like the dedicateds better. More closet space! The second bedroom is quieter due to the buffering of the bathroom and closet to the hallway. Also we had a hard time with the connecting door with the lock-off. I have a young child and wanted the door closed so we could watch TV in the living room but allow either side to open the door. Maybe I missed something but I couldn't figure out how to let that happen. If either part of the door was closed the other side couldn't open it (at BWV).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter