• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wilderness Lodge deluxe for 6

Hideman

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever stayed in these rooms - we are a family with four teenagers and would be concerned that it's too small for one week but the price seems quite good?

Yes they sleep 6 adults but only have 1 bathroom. They are slightly larger at 500 SQ vs a standard 340 SQ Wilderness Lodge room.

On the positive side you also have access to the Club Level Lounge (Old Faithful Club) on the 7th floor for more space to spread your group out. You also get a stocked mini-fridge with soft drinks and water.

The room configuration is a separate bedroom area with 2 Queen Beds and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa in the main sitting area. There are 10 of these rooms in the North wing of the Main building on Floors 1-5. You have the sleeper sofa and two comfortable chairs and an additional table with 2 chairs for eating, playing cards or games.

They can be a good value.

Dave

IMHO these rooms ‘feel’ small given the layout/configuration. Six will be cozy. But may be better than multiple rooms (depending on your family preferences).

Has anyone ever stayed in these rooms - we are a family with four teenagers and would be concerned that it's too small for one week but the price seems quite good?
We've not stayed in these rooms yet since they've never been open when we've looked but I like the space for our family and the split set up of the bathroom looks nice too with the double sinks so someone can be showering and someone else can be using the vanity. 2 baths would be preferred for us with teenage girls but the amenitiesof WL are preferred over say AofA family suite or All Star Music family suite. The perk of those set ups is the 2 full baths but completely different theming and level of accommodations given the club level that comes with the deluxe rooms.

Has anyone ever stayed in these rooms - we are a family with four teenagers and would be concerned that it's too small for one week but the price seems quite good
Yes! I stayed in the older room and newly refurbished one as well.

A few things to add. The cl lounge has tons of seating and a bathroom nearby. Def a bonus with a big family.

There are doors to shut the bedroom from living. This is nice because there are 2 TVs and some may go to sleep earlier than others.

Only one bath but you have 2 entrances to it. One is from bedroom and the other from entry hall.

Lots of charging spots! There is a desk plus a table n chairs. The toilet/shower is separate from sinks. The little bar area is super handy to have as well.

I am always looking for affordable rooms with 2 sleeping areas. This is a good one! IMO
OBC72C459-6763-413E-B251-E64A89A78986.jpeg0655F791-63B4-4536-89D8-AE9CA563A811.jpegDE45D11C-E304-4E40-AA07-F2B8CCD3CD6A.jpeg72DFE122-A0F7-4B14-88F0-35384EC2D29B.jpeg546133E8-3D9F-473F-8F12-1534E3B6210D.jpeg95D6DF84-B05D-4C10-9E5C-579517080562.jpeg74E56449-E27F-4D63-A8AB-48EEC444EEED.jpeg

Last edited:

We stayed in one of these rooms and loved it. (Family of four including two turning 21 that trip.) I’d say that chances are pretty good the kids won’t be in the room much, they’ll be at the lounge and out in the pools, if not at the parks. And if in the room, they might be napping or watching TV, texting their friends, etc. The week goes by so fast.

When in the room there’s a decent amount of space, including deck space. (We had a corner room so had two decks - one from the bedroom and one from the living area. And there are lots of other places to hang out around the resort, inside and out.)

If you can get a good price on it, I’d say go for it! I’ll post some pics of our views from the room. We love the sounds of the boats coming in. We also love their Club lounge; it’s a bit of a hike from those rooms, but worth it. (So try to not let anyone forget anything if you plan to go out right from the lounge!)

Daytime view from main deck (boat dock)

68A07320-B98F-49EC-B13E-9A3E6D375792.jpeg

Early morning

2D321538-91CB-4463-A9D4-8CFE99DAF05F.jpeg

Nighttime - Electric Water Pageant

302AF085-2B5A-4B6B-948B-3BD6D7A63BD8.jpeg

Pool view from bedroom deck (stairs near room lead to pool)

905E30E0-902D-4E57-AFA0-FDFAE83A7F38.jpeg

Entrance to Club lounge

A6A8A0F8-454F-4F77-A072-4ECEA38AEE55.jpeg

Fireworks

C0387CB1-30FD-490A-90C0-2CE0EE6CB66F.jpeg

When in the room there’s a decent amount of space, including deck space. (We had a corner room so had two decks - one from the bedroom and one from the living area.
Just one update all 10 of the Deluxe rooms with CL Access are corner rooms and have 2 balconies. One regular size in the living area and a small balcony in the bedroom.

There are 2 Deluxe rooms per floor 1-5. Layout is rooms x000 overlook Bay Lake (lots of trees) with the walkway to the boat dock and the North woods area over the Cascade Cabins. The x003 rooms overlook Bay Lake (lots of trees) with the walkway to the boat dock and partial views of the Pool area in the inner Courtyard.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter