Wilderness Lodge Deluxe room

Allison

DIS Veteran
I have booked a WL deluxe room for June 2008. Could someone who has stayed in a deluxe room since the rooms were made club level tell me what your experience was like?

I'm curious as to how convenient it was to use the lounge since the rooms are not located on the 7th floor.

It's a long ways away but I'm so excited about staying there. I hadn't really considered it since we are a family of 5 and that made our room more expensive than other deluxe resort standard rooms. But, after stopping in to explore the resort this February and now that the deluxe rooms are club level it is at the top of my list.

Thanks for any help.

We have stayed in the deluxe rooms twice and LOVE them. We are a family of 5 and they work perfect for us. We have reservations for another one in Oct. but I did not know about the Club level? I have not heard about the change. I would love to hear more about it! The WL is our favorite!

We have stayed in the deluxe rooms twice and LOVE them. We are a family of 5 and they work perfect for us. We have reservations for another one in Oct. but I did not know about the Club level? I have not heard about the change. I would love to hear more about it! The WL is our favorite!

It is a recent change-just in the last few months. It should work great for us but it would be nice to be somewhat close to the lounge.

I have not stayed in one of those rooms but we are considering one for our first family trip.

However, I can give some insight since I have stayed concierge at the WL.

The deluxe rooms are mostly located at the very ends of the wings, and have views of Bay Lake and the courtyard at the edges. It is a long walk down the hall to where the concierge lounge is, but it's not excessive, plus it's indoors so you won't be bothered by the weather.

The lounge is located up on floor 7 towards the front of the lodge, in the main lobby section. That location would make bringing food back to your room sort of a hassle, but no more so than bringing food back from Roaring Fork, which people do ALL the time.

I would plan to have your breakfasts IN the lounge. If you have kids, they have small tables and chairs for them to sit in. After breakfast, you go down the elevator and are very close to the exit nearest the bus stops.

The good thing about the lodge is that it is NOT that big. Even when you are located at the end of the wing, it's only maybe a 3 minute walk from there to the main lobby.

To the person who replied to the first post: the Deluxe rooms at the WL now come with concierge service, so you will have access to the lounge and the preplanning and express check in that concierge provides.

I have not stayed in one of those rooms but we are considering one for our first family trip.

However, I can give some insight since I have stayed concierge at the WL.

The deluxe rooms are mostly located at the very ends of the wings, and have views of Bay Lake and the courtyard at the edges. It is a long walk down the hall to where the concierge lounge is, but it's not excessive, plus it's indoors so you won't be bothered by the weather.

The lounge is located up on floor 7 towards the front of the lodge, in the main lobby section. That location would make bringing food back to your room sort of a hassle, but no more so than bringing food back from Roaring Fork, which people do ALL the time.

I would plan to have your breakfasts IN the lounge. If you have kids, they have small tables and chairs for them to sit in. After breakfast, you go down the elevator and are very close to the exit nearest the bus stops.

The good thing about the lodge is that it is NOT that big. Even when you are located at the end of the wing, it's only maybe a 3 minute walk from there to the main lobby.

To the person who replied to the first post: the Deluxe rooms at the WL now come with concierge service, so you will have access to the lounge and the preplanning and express check in that concierge provides.

Thanks. We found the concierge lounge at the Polynesian to be very convenient and we enjoyed it a lot. So, we are now spoiled. This would be a great option for us at the WL.

I asked on the WL FAQ thread, but thought I would ask here as well.

Can anyone tell me what the hide-a-bed is like? Is it comfy? A bar in the back?

What a timely post.. I was just going to ask the same question. Looking forward to reading more responses.

Has anyone done the dining plan with the concerige service?

I am also curious about the deluxe rooms at WL, we are going in Oct.my husband and 2ds, we are booked at the villas only for the one bedroom and jacuzzi tub, but I really wanted to stay in the lodge, what is the difference in deluxe rooms compared to the villas. Thanks for any help:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter