Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon Suite or standard room

melissadanny2003

Earning My Ears
I booked my Disney Wedding a few days ago and I got the invoice in today for the $243.00 deposit. On the bottom it says "King bed requested but not guaranteed". Did they even put us down for a honeymoon suite? Is it normal for them just to give you a standard room for your honeymoon?

Unless you specifically requested the honeymoon suite, I assume you would be booked into a regular room. A quick look at rates seems to indicate that's what you've got. The honeymoon suite ranges in price by season but is roughly $400 per night.

Hi! The honeymoon room is actually not a suite. It's exactly like a standard room, from what I've heard, except it has a big jacuzzi tub, and you're guaranteed a king bed. They're on the 7th floor, and they are concierge rooms. There are only 4 honeymoon rooms, and 2 of the 4 face the MK, so if you book the honeymoon room, you have a 50% chance of getting an MK view. But no, they won't put you down for the honeymoon room unless you've specifically requested and paid for it - it costs a bit more than the concierge rooms, since it has the big tub. We're going to be there in a few weeks, for part of our stay, so if you have any specific questions about the room itself let me know then.
Cheers!
Heather P
8/5/02

I just called Disney and was told that I'm booked for a Garden View room at the Wilderness Lodge and not a honeymoon suite. I'm don't want to spend a penny more on the resort and I'm sick and tired of even thinking about the resort. It's just a hotel room and I'm already spending $250 a night at a resort with a theme I hate but all the other resorts are so over priced. I checked the price of the rooms at the beach club and it was about $60 more a night but that would add up over a 7 night stay. I guess I'll just keep the garden view room at the Wilderness Lodge and plan a
$$$ nice $$$ wedding around it.

It's MY wedding and I'm only planning on having one! I'm paying the extra and getting what I know will make me happy. I don't want any regrets!

Melissa, why don't you pick a resort you like (don't forget to consider the moderates as well) and pick something that is within your budget. You can then keep an eye out for discount codes that may come up as your date approaches and see if you can bring the cost down. I agree that your honeymoon should be something you look forward to with excitement not with a "I'll live with it" attitude.

Corrected: I guess if you are using a wedding package you can't take advantage of the discounts? If you haven't already, get the pricing for all of your options and then decide which resorts you really like and can afford.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter