Wilderness Lodge in December

Oh My Mickey

Earning My Ears
I have my heart set on staying at the Wilderness Lodge - Boulder Ridge - next year early December (4th-9th). How difficult is it to book a 1-bedroom villa at the DVC 7-month booking window? I understand it won’t be *easy* but is it totally impossible? I own at RR and VGF so have to wait until the 7 month mark. Thanks!

In my experience since the post Covid era it will be difficult to rent anything at CCV or BRV at 7 months during the Christmas Season. I suggest renting your points out and renting CCV or BRV points for your stay.

For what it’s worth, you get the one bedroom villa this week that I am seeing available on Disney. I still would get it at the mark though to be safe. Through their normal website though. Not DVC

I don’t think it’s impossible. We don’t own at CC but stayed there the last two years the first week of Dec. If you were to say studio, I’d say it might be much more difficult. I’ve been able to book the 1 bedroom at 7 months. It seems to get taken quickly at 7 months, but then over the next few months people change their plans and it pops back up.

If for some reason it isn’t available, I would put in a waitlist and it should come through.

Thanks everyone! I will definitely give it a shot and of course have my home resort booked as a back up. I was able to score Beach Club at the 7 month mark, which I know is also difficult so I have hope!

I have my heart set on staying at the Wilderness Lodge - Boulder Ridge - next year early December (4th-9th). How difficult is it to book a 1-bedroom villa at the DVC 7-month booking window? I understand it won’t be *easy* but is it totally impossible? I own at RR and VGF so have to wait until the 7 month mark. Thanks!
We are at Copper Creek Christmas week. It is a tough resort to book in December. We used our SSR points at the 7th month mark. We have been more successful early December. This is only our second stay during Christmas week. It is our favorite resort at Christmas. Good luck!

We are at Copper Creek Christmas week. It is a tough resort to book in December. We used our SSR points at the 7th month mark. We have been more successful early December. This is only our second stay during Christmas week. It is our favorite resort at Christmas. Good luck!
Us too - first time. We’re at SSR on the 20th because I found better airfares on Wednesday. We‘re at CC 21 - 27 Dec. Looking forward to it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter