• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wilderness Lodge or Boardwalk Villas?

Boardwalk or Wilderness Lodge Copper Creek

• Boardwalk Villa

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • Copper Creek Villa

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters

shawnriv

Mouseketeer
My wife and I planning a trip for August and are torn between staying at the Boardwalk or the Wilderness Lodge Copper Creek Villas.

Boardwalk: We like the idea that Epcot is within walking distance especially during Food & Wine Festival. Although after watching multiple YouTube video room tours, the rooms appear to be quite dated.

Wilderness Copper Creek: The rooms are newly renovated and seem to be very impressive. The resort itself is beautiful and definitely seems much more of a relaxing environment. I am not familiar with how far Epcot is from the resort, but of course not as close as the Boardwalk.

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts and experiencing especially if you have stayed at both.

Thank you in advance!

My wife and I planning a trip for August and are torn between staying at the Boardwalk or the Wilderness Lodge Copper Creek Villas.

Boardwalk: We like the idea that Epcot is within walking distance especially during Food & Wine Festival. Although after watching multiple YouTube video room tours, the rooms appear to be quite dated.

Wilderness Copper Creek: The rooms are newly renovated and seem to be quite impressive. The resort itself is beautiful and definitely seems much more of a relaxing environment. I am not familiar with how far Epcot is from the resort, but of course not as close as the Boardwalk.

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts and experiencing especially if you have stayed at both.

Thank you in advance!
CCV rooms were recently renovated? That's a surprise to me. The resort only opened in June of 2017. It shouldn't be due for a soft goods refurb until 2024. BWV rooms were fully renovated that same year.

You will need to take a bus to Epcot from CCV. You will be taken to the front entrance. You can walk or take a boat to the International Gateway from BWV.

I've stayed at both. I find the CCV studios to be rather small. I also feel that the BWV studios have a serious storage problem. I prefer the kitchen layout of the BWV 1-2BR villas over the galley kitchen at CCV which is located in a major traffic point. The banquet style table at CCV also has a light that we were constantly banging our heads against as we got up from the table.

Ultimately, your decision may be determined by what is available when you want to travel. Have you checked the member website?

If F&W is your main goal, I would choose BWV, hands-down. CCV is lovely, but is only convenient to MK. Transportation to the other parks is not convenient, at all.

Depends on how you spend your days.

Are you on the first bus to the park in the morning, and when you go back to the hotel for the day you stay put? Are you planning to spend most of your time at Magic Kingdom? Then you might be okay with CCV.

Do you like to go to a second park each day? After you get back to the hotel in the afternoon/evening, do you like to get something to eat away from your hotel? Are you planning to spend most of your time at Epcot and/or DHS? Then you should choose BoardWalk.

With CCV, once you're there, you're there. It's not fast and easy to get anywhere by Disney transportation other than MK, and you can't walk anywhere. At BWV, you can walk to Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club and Beach Club as well as Epcot and DHS.

I personally think it's a mistake to choose a hotel based on decor or based on how "dated" the rooms look. How many minutes of your vacation are you actually going to spend looking at the interior design? Or checking the walls for scuff marks?

I’ve stayed at Wilderness Lodge , 10+ times, and my sister-in-law stayed at copper creek , while I was in a main hotel room. Love how clean it looked, no carpet, sliding doors. Very peaceful in the morning to walk around on the grounds. Super easy to get down the elevator to go to roaring forks/ quick service. Fun to ride the boat to magic kingdom. We originally chose this resort when my kids were young and it was easy to take the strollers on and off the big boat at the end of a long night. Everywhere else - buses, or we used a Minnie van ( no longer in serivce, so Uber ) . So transportation is an issue .

Boardwalk, have not stayed in a villa, but a regular room , the first time as just an adult trip in late February 2018. We had a room on an inner courtyard with a patio, near a quiet pool. I loved sitting on a Bench in the morning and listening to the birds and seeing the flowers. Peaceful. that said getting food in the morning involved walking down a long hallway, walking outside, up stairs, another hallway, down stairs and out to the boardwalk for the bakery. A bit of a pain. But, I really enjoyed how easy it was to walk over to Epcot for dinner. There are also a nice lounge for a drink. I felt boardwalk was nicer for adults. If i had the kids with me , I would have looked at Beach Club villas.

It’s Disney...everywhere you stay is more wonderful then home with dishes in the sink and laundry to do. Happy planning

Are you open to a split stay? That would be my preference - BWV for Epcot/HS days and CCV for MK (doesn't matter from which you go to AK - we usually do that on a day we switch). If I was going to choose, I would go BWV, especially during an Epcot festival - being able to pop over each evening is a big reason why we prefer the Epcot area to MK.

Everyone's circumstances are different. I am also visiting during food and wine but with my family that includes two small children. I don't love the rooms at BWV, and I don't love the lack of quick service. I chose CCV because the rooms feel newer to me even if they were renovated around the same time. BWV are some of the weakest rooms on property IMO. The location is great for F&W, however. If you value location over anything else, then maybe BWV would be better for you. There are so many factors that it's hard to say for sure.

We (DH & I) are currently staying at WL. After reading this.. I'm now considering switching over to BWV. It makes sense just for us due to the location.

Some CCV studios have walk-in showers which I much prefer over bath tubs. That said, the location of BWV is very hard to beat.

We (DH & I) are currently staying at WL. After reading this.. I'm now considering switching over to BWV. It makes sense just for us due to the location.
Even after reading all the comments and responses, my wife and I decided to go with WL. The location for BW is great, but at the end of the day I want to be somewhere relaxing and tranquil - IMO you cannot beat Wilderness Lodge.

Wilderness Copper Creek: The rooms are newly renovated and seem to be very impressive. The resort itself is beautiful and definitely seems much more of a relaxing environment. I am not familiar with how far Epcot is from the resort, but of course not as close as the Boardwalk.

Thank you in advance!
I've stayed at both resorts... if walking to Epcot is important than that is really the only plus of Boardwalk. Everything else is amazing at Wilderness Lodge, the resort, the grounds, the food. Very relaxing after a day at the park. However, being at Boardwalk to super convenient to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Sorry if I didn't help, lol.

Even after reading all the comments and responses, my wife and I decided to go with WL. The location for BW is great, but at the end of the day I want to be somewhere relaxing and tranquil - IMO you cannot beat Wilderness Lodge.
I don't think you will regret this decision at all! :)

We had the same decision to make. I went with copper creek. Then lucked out and snagged an additional 2 nights at BCV! So we are doing a split stay. M
I couldn’t do BW. They need to update.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter