• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wilderness Lodge or Contemporary for a 5 night stay

Wilderness Lodge. Theming is better, location is almost as good, and that's a lot of money to save.

Which of the two would you choose and why? Roughly 1,000 more for Contemporary.

5 nights at the end of January
Family of 4 - kids are 11 and 14.

I would pick WL over Contemporary. Our family loves the resort but haven't been able to stay there in recent years as we are family of five and would have to stay in one of the more pricey rooms. The last time we stayed my mom came and we put our one daughter on her reservation and had a connecting room with her. Kids were small enough that they all still fit in the one bed.

I would pick WL over Contemporary. Our family loves the resort but haven't been able to stay there in recent years as we are family of five and would have to stay in one of the more pricey rooms. The last time we stayed my mom came and we put our one daughter on her reservation and had a connecting room with her. Kids were small enough that they all still fit in the one bed.
You can do a studio at Boulder Ridge with 5 - that what we did in August and it was great. Would also be useful for families wanting an extra sleeping surface

I vote WL. I'll he honest, I don't walk from the CR. I'm tired and prefer the monorail lol. I hate the monorail switching to epcot and would prefer a bus to it. I did like the size of the rooms at CR better however the lobby at WL is breatht. So peaceful.

WL! There is no comparison! We have visited the Contemporary, but we have had 6 stays at the lodge. We just love it and keep returning. We have tried other resorts, but are always disappointed. The WL is home! We also are not in a super big hurry so we enjoy the boat to MK and will use it to catch the monorail to EPCOT. We have found we enjoy the deluxe studios booked through Disney. I'd save the $1000!

Which of the two would you choose and why? Roughly 1,000 more for Contemporary.

5 nights at the end of January
Family of 4 - kids are 11 and 14.

WL would be our choice. We still look to find the best theming in DW. It is getting more challenging, but there is still a lot out there. The theming at WL, as well as AKL, just can't be beat. It just "feels" different in those places. Takes you to another place... which I think is the point of great theming!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter