Wilderness Lodge Pool?

jvillain89

Earning My Ears
How does the pool at Wilderness Lodge compare to the Caribbean Beach Resort pool? Do they do organized afternoon activities like they do at CBR the kiddos loved that a few years ago where they did dance games, limbo, crafts, trivia, etc every afternoon.

And if you are staying at Boulder Ridge do you have the option to to either pool the Boulder Ridge Pool or the main Wilderness Loge Pool?

If you had the option would you recommend staying a the main lodge or Boulder Ridge? Would be 4 us and two kids ages 10 & 12 we love afternoon pool time!

Thanks!

You can use either pool, regardless of where you’re staying on WL property (WL/CCV/BRV) but only the main pool has pool games/music. I’ve never been to CB, but frequently stay at WL. We love the pools and my kids have always enjoyed the pool games. There’s also a great splash pad for kids as well. Here’s a look at the March recreation calendar: HERE I highly recommend The Lodge. Hope that helps! Good luck deciding!

Definitely that helps thanks so much!
How are the waterslides at the main pool big/fun enough for 10/12 year olds??
Thanks!

Definitely that helps thanks so much!
How are the waterslides at the main pool big/fun enough for 10/12 year olds??
Thanks!

The water slide at the main pool is definitely not the WL’s strong suit, but I go on repeatedly with my now 10 yo and we enjoy it just fine!

For a visual, (did a quick search) here is a video of both pools, the splash pad, plus a child playing some of the pool games HERE

Pool slide video HERE

Enjoy.

awesome thanks so much? They would love that slide & the games for sure!!

would you recommend staying main lodge or boulder ridge??
Price is similar for our dates

I’ve only stayed at the main resort and Copper Creek Villas, so can’t speak for BRV… however, if you would prefer a bit more space, and a kitchenette (studio) or full kitchen if staying in bigger villas, go with BRV. Main Lodge rooms have just been completely renovated and the rooms are simply beautiful!! YouTube is so helpful! Definitely look at videos and see which rooms you prefer!! Good luck deciding!

Every time we pass the Wilderness pool (we have never stayed there but go every trip to eat at Geyser Point and Storybook Dining), I think the pool is pretty underwhelming for a deluxe resort. It seems so small and the slide is tiny. We were pleasantly surprised at the pools at Saratoga Springs, and they have two feature pools with slides.

We really liked the pool when we stayed there. I felt like it was quiet and it was easy to find a seat. My daughter was only 2 when we went but she enjoyed the sprinkler area. My husband liked the slide

Every time we pass the Wilderness pool (we have never stayed there but go every trip to eat at Geyser Point and Storybook Dining), I think the pool is pretty underwhelming for a deluxe resort. It seems so small and the slide is tiny. We were pleasantly surprised at the pools at Saratoga Springs, and they have two feature pools with slides.

we‘d love to get Storybook Dining on our next trip to WL.
any tips on how to get that ressie?

we‘d love to get Storybook Dining on our next trip to WL.
any tips on how to get that ressie?
Keep checking, especially -2 days before when people start cancelling to avoid the penalty. We were there over the sold out week 2 weeks ago and I found a reservation for dinner for 3 at 415 that same morning!

OP not exactly sure of post covid protocols at all resorts, all offered children’s activities poolside in the afternoons

We own @wl. It does seem as tho the resort is full of visitors vs guests, same as most Deluxe resorts lol

The slide is one of the original ones and is rather slow but, nice for all ages specifically the younger kids. The splash area appears to be a hit with younger set. The quiet pool is where we tend to land most days there

I am not a fan of SSR, including the pools; other than the Donald feature at main pool

Something for everyone at the various poolscapes!

We are at WL now. Three year old granddaughter loves pool, water slide and play area, but it doesn’t open until 10:00. BV pool opens at 7:00 but not as interesting. They had activities in the afternoon.

OP not exactly sure of post covid protocols at all resorts, all offered children’s activities poolside in the afternoons

We own @wl. It does seem as tho the resort is full of visitors vs guests, same as most Deluxe resorts lol

The slide is one of the original ones and is rather slow but, nice for all ages specifically the younger kids. The splash area appears to be a hit with younger set. The quiet pool is where we tend to land most days there

I am not a fan of SSR, including the pools; other than the Donald feature at main pool

Something for everyone at the various poolscapes!
Just so you know we were at SSR this February and they removed Donald Duck at the pool. I was so sad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter