• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wilderness lodge room category at end of stay is not available - What to do?

ckret01

DIS Veteran
I plan on staying at the wilderness Lodge next summer and just wanted a standard room with two queen beds for money purposes (needed the least cost for this trip). Unfortunately, on my last day there, that particular room category is booked up. I really can't change my dates at this time, so I am trying to figure out what to do. My first thought was to book the standard room category for all the days I could, and then maybe on my last day book the next cheapest available room category which is nature view. But wasn't sure what a pain it would be to move rooms on my last day (it's just me and my young daughter and want simple lol). I chatted with a disney person on their website and they suggested booking the package with the room category I want and keeping checking back and then add on the last day in the future as things may open up for the standard room. Which I thought I couldn't do but she said I could. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as there are thing I might not think of that can help me decide what to do. Thank you

Book what you can now in standard and watch for availability to add the last day. I did just that recently for the Poly, and that was over Thanksgiving week just a few months away. I’d be willing to bet you could get that last room eventually! I found the best time to check was between 6-7am.

Nope! Add the last day in the wrong room category now and then keeping checking back to see if what you really want opens. This way the worst thing that happens is you checkout, store your stuff with bell services and check into a new room for your last night vs be homeless/have to change entire hotels.

Nope! Add the last day in the wrong room category now and then keeping checking back to see if what you really want opens. This way the worst thing that happens is you checkout, store your stuff with bell services and check into a new room for your last night vs be homeless/have to change entire hotels.

I agree with this. Book your package in the standard room category now and book a separate reservation for nature view for your last night. Just keep checking to see if the standard room opens for your last night and then try to modify (if you can't do it online, call and see if they can modify for you). We've moved rooms within the same resort before and it is SO much easier than moving to a whole new resort.

Also to add to the book the last day, at least you have a room. Do all the modifying thing. I’m already modified and was surprised how easy it was for me to do through MDE my plans. If it never comes up, still ask at checkin

Thanks everyone for their help. I really appreciate it. I will be taking everyones advice and booking the last day room now rather then waiting incase I don't even get that extra day in the future! Thanks again!!! :)

Also to add to the book the last day, at least you have a room. Do all the modifying thing. I’m already modified and was surprised how easy it was for me to do through MDE my plans. If it never comes up, still ask at checkin
Agreed on the ask at checkin. A few years ago my parents had a ccv studio booked for a week, but couldnt get the first night so they booked a standard wl room. When they went to check in the cm told them they had already changed the first night from wl standard to ccv studio, AND refunded them the difference in price (ccv studio had a bigger discount). I thought that was really nice!

Agreed on the ask at checkin. A few years ago my parents had a ccv studio booked for a week, but couldnt get the first night so they booked a standard wl room. When they went to check in the cm told them they had already changed the first night from wl standard to ccv studio, AND refunded them the difference in price (ccv studio had a bigger discount). I thought that was really nice!
Wow thats great that this happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter