• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wilderness Lodge room question

ckret01

DIS Veteran
I plan on staying at the WL standard two queen rooms next year. On some of the pictures I am noticing a stand up shower only and no tub. I would need a tub. Has anyone had a standard two queen room that had a tub? Thanks

Yes. There are still some two queen rooms in each category with tubs following the recent remodel. Had a chance to take a tour in May ahead of the resort side reopening and saw some standard rooms above WC that had baths. I would say there are probably slightly more rooms with tubs than rooms with showers, but would still suggest you call guest services ahead of your stay to have a note added for the room assigners regarding your preference.

When are you planning your trip for? We stayed in an alternate studio at CCV last December which was awesome, but super excited for our upcoming stay in the newly renovated rooms on the resort side coming up.

Thanks so much. I’m so glad to hear there are some rooms with tubs in my room category. I’m planning to go next August so I have some time but as a single mom I’m trying to plan way ahead lol

Nice!

I actually really like those rooms on the North side of the lobby. Rooms below the 4th floor are considered standard (4-7 are woods). The view is good and its awesome being able to walk out of your room door right into the lobby, take a few steps to find a cozy nook on your floor and people watch while enjoying the ambiance. Rooms 3081-3090 (in consecutive order) are great options for standard main lobby rooms to consider adding to your reservation notes as preferences.

August is a great time to go too, next year August 19-September 1 falls into the Value 2 Season so you are paying $441/$477 (sun-thurs/fri-sat) per night rack rate+ taxes, compared to $700+ during peak periods. I would say to consider booking now and paying the one night deposit (or $200 deposit if booking a package). You can always call to apply a discount later should one get released that you qualify for; and can always call to cancel or alter the reservation up to 30 days out without penalty.

Every since Cooper Creek took ~half the rooms from the resorts inventory it's got much harder to find availability there.. and the standard view rooms always tend to be the first to go.

I'm sure you guys will have a great time.!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter