• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wilderness Lodge Room Request - Need Help!!

MeridaMonkey

Mouseketeer
We’re doing the BIG family trip in September and my in-laws (who are staying in their own room) just decided to switch to their resort to Wilderness Lodge (the rest of us are staying at Copper Creek). I’m thrilled that they’re going to be in the same building as the rest of our party, but I have no idea what room request (or requests) to put in on their behalf (I’m in charge of planning so it’ll be me making the requests).

They’re booked into a “Resort View” room, which could be anything from a loading area to a courtyard view. Are there any requests** I could put in to hopefully lessen the likelihood of them looking at a loading bay and a bunch of trucks?

**fully understanding that requests are only requests and that nothing is a guarantee

Thank you!!

I have always requested a view facing the Courtyard. I was staying Copper Creek side here, and the Resort Side is right across the way. We had everyone request this view when we had a large group as well. Everyone loved waking up in the morning and waving to one another, especially the kids! Enjoy!

IMG_9539.jpegIMG_9545.jpeg
IMG_0235.jpeg

They’re booked into a “Resort View” room, which could be anything from a loading area to a courtyard view. Are there any requests** I could put in to hopefully lessen the likelihood of them looking at a loading bay and a bunch of trucks?
The Wilderness Lodge still has a standard view category that is listed as views of the service area, rooftop and parking areas. That is the category that will overlook the loading dock, etc. You are not going to get a room overlooking the loading dock and service areas unless you book a standard view room. There aren't very many of these rooms, anyway. :)

The resort view is listed as landscape, trees, rooftop or parking areas. The parking lot isn't very close and the only resort view rooms that can see the parking lot in the distance are the rooms that overlook the lobby.

There are basically two views, either courtyard or lots of trees. :) The side of the WL that faces toward Bay Lake can have partial fireworks views. We like a room on this side of the resort since we find the courtyard to be too noisy for us. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter