Wilderness Lodge Room ???

Mommy Poppins

DIS Veteran
We have two rooms reserved at the Wilderness Lodge. I believe they are Courtyard view. Is that the more expensive one? We could book at $134 or $154, but the $134 they didn't have the first nite available, so I took the $154 and I think she said Courtyard. Anyway, my question is what is the view from there? I was kind of hoping we would be able to see the MK from our room. Is that at all a possibility? Anyone have any ideas what rooms I want to request and when/where I request them.

Thanks!

There are VERY few rooms at the WL that have even a glimpse of the MK. They actually are woods view rooms and you can only see the top of the castle and the nightly fireworks and only the really high ones at that. A courtyard view is of the pool area, geyser and lake. If you really want a view of the MK, the best are located in the Tower of the Comtemporary.

WL is shaped like a squared off "U" with long sides. The courtyard rooms look into the center of the U which allows you to see the river, falls, pool, and lake. There is no way to see MK from a courtyard room since it is to the north of the WL.

But, the view that you do have is fabulous. The only thing that you might not be able to see very good is the Falls. If you are in a room closer to the lobby (the base of the U) you will be behind the falls and be blocked from seeing it. Also, the rooms on the top floor have enclosed patios that block your view of the lake, pool etc when sitting. All of the other floors have metal patios that you can see through. The south side of the 5th floor has smoking rooms. If you have kids the bunk bed rooms are great. Only the standard or some woodsview rooms on the north side have a view of MK. From a courtyard room you may be able to see the ELP as it goes by in the evening.

We were in room 5025 and it was great. We were about even with the falls so we could only partially see it. If we had been in 5021 we would have been able to see the falls, pool and lake. But I think we wouldn't have been able to see the ELP as much. You will love the WL.

We LOVED our WL courtyard view!!!!

You can see the water parade on the lake at night and watch the geyser go off every hour. We could also see the waterfall and pool from our room on the 7th floor that had an partially enclosed balcony. Our room was about half way down on the wing opposite of the food court. At night we would leave our sliding door cracked and fall asleep to the sound of the waterfall.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with a courtyard view, it's beautiful!

This isn't maybe the most popular opinion of the courtyard view at WL, but I don't think it is worth the extra money. We were in the same situation as you about 2 years ago--woods view or standard view was sold out, so we did the courtyard view. I asked the same question on the boards because I didn't know exactly what it entailed. Many board members responded about what a great view it was and how I would love it, and I really do appreciate their opinions, but take it with a grain of salt. To us, it was a pool view with a bit of the lake off to the side. It was pretty noisy for the most part, and not as spectacular to us as it is to many of the posters. You might fall in love with it, but we just didn't. To each his own, but my advice would be to go in with mediocre expectations. I don't remember what room number we were in, but we were on one of the higher floors about halfway down on the side closest to the MK. Maybe another courtyard spot is better, but I don't think it would make a big difference to me from what I could tell. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter