Wilderness Lodge standard view room req

DisneyDreamer2

DIS Veteran
I have no experience with the Wilderness Lodge and have a friend booking a standard view room for 6 nights. Is there anything in particular she should mention in her room request? Is there a better location of standard view than others?

Does your friend have kids? If so they may want to request bunk beds. Also, a lot of people like the 4th floor overlooking the lobby. That way, when you open your room door, you see the massive beautiful lobby first thing.

A lot of people also seem to request the north side. It faces MK and sometimes if your on the 6th floor during the right season, you can see the fireworks.

I dont' know if this is on the north side too, but on the south side where we stayed it overlooked the dock and we could hear the beeps from the trucks. You might have better luck avoding this on the north side.

I know that there are loading docks on the North ( Magic Kingdom) side. I thought the south side didn't have loading docks. I thought that was the side where the walkway out to the busses and the WL villas was. Is there a loading dock somewhere on that side too. Or am I confused as to which side is North and South. I thought the North side was MK and South side was Villas.

North side is towards MK and South Side towards Villas

We like staying as close to the Boat Launch area as possible

Thanks
Jason

So the next question is are there 2 loading docks at WL. I know I saw one on the North side.

Thank you all so much for your replies! So, which side is the noisy loading dock on?

And would the fourth floor rooms overlooking the lobby be considered standard view rooms?

Thanks again.

The loading docks are on the north side, but I can assure you, you do not hear the trucks on the 5th or 6th floors. Especially if you request to be at the end of the U shape to be closer to the boat launch which is also on the north side. Also, the fourth floor (overlooking the lobby) is standard view.

About the loading dock on the south side, our room was just about next to Artist's Point, on the outside of the "U" shape that is the Lodge. I think we were on the 5th floor but it might have been the 6th. I thought the dock was for the restaurant. We really didn't hear it that much unless we wanted to go out on the balcony and someone was unloading.

Sonya,

That is the North Side of WL. The north side which faces MK is the side with the loading docks. It is the side of the lodge where Whispering Canyons and Artist point is.

The south side standard rooms would face the bus stop area and WLV.

So, if she wants to be able to see the MK fireworks you also have to take the loading docks since those are both on the North side.

This map shows the layout with a North/South reference

http://wdwig.com/wlv41.jpg

Originally posted by mkymouse4ever
Are all the rooms overlooking the lobby standard views? Thanks,

MKY :D

At least some of the rooms in the "U" shaped part overlook the lobby and are courtyard views. This is where we stayed, room 5071 as I recall. It was a perfect room! A near straight out view of the courtyard, pool and lake, overlooking the lobby. It was also an adjoining room..but I'm not sure which room number that would be. If you were standing in the room looking out towards the balcony, the adjoining room would be on your right.

No, two queens. I don't know what the connecting room had, but it would have been just as good a view, imo.

when I originally booked WL std view under a discount rate code
(FL resident) the CRO agent told me told me 'parking lot view, 2 queen beds' and would elaborate no further. -FWIW

Wow, I was SO turned around! Usually I'm good at these kind of things. Thank you for pointing that out Elk 34

Originally posted by DisneyDreamer2
Thank you all so much for your replies! So, which side is the noisy loading dock on?

And would the fourth floor rooms overlooking the lobby be considered standard view rooms?

Thanks again.

Not all of them. We had a non smoking, two queen beds lobby room on the 4th floor in May of last year and it was woodview. At night we could see the MK fireworks and it was great. Our room was 4089. No noisy loading docks. Just a nice woodedview with an open balcony.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter