Wilderness Lodge vs CBR

jvillain89

Earning My Ears
Hi

We've only been to Disney World once 3 years ago when kiddos were 7 & 9. They're now 10 & 12. Stayed at CBR and we loved it we went about a month after the skyliner opened and we were in Jamaica a stones throw from it so that was perfect! We would hit the parks in the am, pool from 1-5 then back to the parks in the evening mostly loved CBR although i think the proximity to the Skyliner and reasonable walk to the main pool/restaurant area helped. We walked to the secondary restaurant i forget where but it was a HAUL! Like that place is so huge it seems like if we got placed super far out might not be the same.

Anywyas, Looking to go back this August and the Boulder Ridge villa at Wilderness Lodge is about $850 more for a 7 night stay which makes it tempting. All of the reviews I read it sounds like the clear winner but some of those were pre Skyliner. At CBR the kids loved the games they would organize during the day as well not sure if they do that at Wilderness Lodge and is the pool area at WL as nice as CBR?

Just wanted to get some opinions CBR or Boulder Ridge at Wilderness Lodge (could also stay in WL itself for similar price)? And why?

Boulder Ridge is due for full refurbishment this year. AFAIK Disney hasn’t announced a start date beyond “2022” but I would stay away.

WL is lovely and rooms remodeled just last year but they are kinda small- no idea how they compare to CBR in size. I would much rather stay at a compact hotel like WL than CBR. Geyser Point is great for food too, lovely location. Reservations are walk up only so it keeps crowds down.

Wilderness Lodge is our favourite resort, with Animal Kingdom Lodge a close second. So we are biased.

With WL you will have the advantage of indoor hallways and there are two primary buildings plus some cabins and a building that houses a restaurant (Geyser Point) that is right by the lake. There are multiple restaurants inside the main building, including TS and QS. The main WL building houses the WL hotel and the Copper Creek DVC villas (which were converted from WL hotel rooms and are now the south wing of the main building).

The Boulder Ridge DVC Villas are in their own separate building from the main WL building, connected to it by a wide covered walkway.

The WL hotel rooms were renovated fairly recently. You would be able to get a room with two queen beds. The BRV studios would have a queen bed and a sofabed.

To get from WL to MK you can bus or take a boat. Other parks are accessed by bus.

We love the architecture and look and feel of WL. We love the indoor hallways. We love that it is relatively compact. We like taking the boat to MK [or there and back if just going for a boat ride]. We enjoy just walking and exploring the grounds of the resort, both indoors and outside. There are amazing places inside to sit and relax, or to people watch.

I'd say regular WL. BRV is years past due for its refurb. WL is amazing and we love the boat to MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter