• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wilderness Lodge

Klib624

Earning My Ears
Should I ask for a specific section at WL when I book my room ? From what I've read on here there really isn't a bad room. I'm going through a TA and I need to give her my request. I know a request isn't a guarantee. We are still debating between Poly and will decide based on price.

We stayed there last year for the first time and I asked that same question back then. I just searched for the post but couldn't find it. We requested a woods view in hopes of it being quite. It WAS and VERY pretty too. It overlooked a small pond. We also requested connecting rooms and got that too. The Disney reps assured us that because we had (4) children under 18, they guaranteed connecting rooms. I know I've heard differently on this site but when we booked our trip for this year at the Port Orleans, the assured us again.

We absolutely LOVED this resort and wanted to stay there this trip but we had to cut costs.

Also, when checking prices, the WL was the cheapest of the deluxe resorts.

Stayed there twice several years ago and always requested INNER COURTYARD ROOM. We were very fortunate both times and got request on fifth or sixth floors.

I can't remember the area, but there are several rooms that afford a nice view of the Electrical Water pageant from the balcony :)

When we stayed at the WL this year, our travel agent put us in a woods view room, but we got a surprise free upgrade to inner courtyard. We LOVED it, location was great and the view was really nice.

We asked for a lobby view room and loved it! Everything is close and it is nice to sit on the landing and watch people while drinking our coffee! Check out the hidden lounges!

I've never seen the need to request a specific section at WL.

However you may want to think about what is important to you and how it affects your stay. Do you want to be near the lobby? Elevators? Busses? Restaurants? Or would you prefer to be in a quieter section of the resort?

We wanted a quiet location. We were on the 4th floor right near the elevators. It was overlooking the pond- woods view. We saw Wishes from our room every night and it was very convenient to Roaring Forks quick service, boat launch and the pool- just a quick trip down the elevator. We loved our location! I think it was 4032. It really depends what you are looking for though. I'd go back to that room in a heartbeat!

For us, we've stayed in both wings and WLV many times but really prefer, if push came to shove, north garden wing ...

It's further from the bus stop but closet to the boats and Roaring Fork... We can hop out the room, catch the elevator and refill at the Forks and be at the pool lickity split....

Not a fan of over the lobby, favorite is courtyard , inner, but like others said... Not a bad room in the house...even rooms over the service area aren't that bad.

Thank you so much for your info! We requested woods view! Fingers crossed that we will be able to see Wishes from our room and that we end up with a balcony! :goodvibes

Klib624 said:
Thank you so much for your info! We requested woods view! Fingers crossed that we will be able to see Wishes from our room and that we end up with a balcony! :goodvibes

I believe all rooms have a balcony.... North wing might have a high view of some of wishes....monorail and CR plus the tress block the view of most of the fireworks....

Easy to boat over to CR and watch from one of the stairways outside !

I've never put a specific room request for WL but have always been pleased with the room I've gotten.

A friend stayed there in June and hated it. Make sure you ask for a room not near the construction.

AJKMOM, what "construction" would that be ? I was at the WL two weeks ago and didn't notice any construction
I agree with others, there really isn't a bad room anywhere at the WL :)

AJKMOM, what "construction" would that be ? I was at the WL two weeks ago and didn't notice any construction

I don't know, she said there was construction noise in June. Personally, I have never been to WL, but looking forward to 3 nights at VWL in March.:woohoo:

Do yourself a favor and request 5th or 6th floor. We booked a king room and got a handicap accessible room on the ground floor. It was noisy and our view was a sidewalk, shrubs and people's backs. Plus no bathtub & the room seemed like an expensive room at a Motel 6. We went to the desk and politely asked if we could get a room on a higher floor if we had a room w/ 2 queen beds instead. We ended up on 6th floor overlooking courtyard nearest the lake. I'll admit it was quite a hike from the room to our car but...Beautiful! Sitting on our balcony eating whatever we picked up in Main Street Bakery, people watching or seeing the geyser go off. Wonderful!

I was there in May & there was a major refurbishment project under way. Plenty of construction. I'm sure it lasted into June but they were nearing completion.

The complete room refurb ended in September. The new rooms are beautiful. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter